Run. Always running

Hermione's Pov:

Run.

Run.

Run. Always running.

I have never had the chance to run from my own feelings.

I've always been running to save Harry, running to save Ron, running to find the answers, running to stop a fight, running to class, running to teachers.

Always running.

But now? Now I'm running from my feelings, from my actions. Why am I running? 

I'm running because I kissed Draco Malfoy. I kissed the Slytherin King, the boy who for seven years tormented me, and my friends, who worked for Voldemort, stood in the same room as me as I got tortured. But he also saved me in that room, he didn't reveal it was Harry to his parents, and this past week along with when we ran into each other at Diagon Alley, he's really become a different person. 

But kissing him?!?! Never in a hundred years would I have thought that Draco and I would like each other. I thought he was staring at Anita Parker, and all I felt was rage, and jealousy, curled up and growing, consuming my senses, and why would I be jealous? Parker is one of the smartest girls in the seventh year, and probably the smartest girl (book smart that is) in Ravenclaw, not to mention the fact that she's drop-dead gorgeous. But he didn't like her, he liked me. And I kissed him.

"Miss Granger, what are you doing here? Lunch has just started. And why are you lying on the floor?"

"I went to ancient ruins and then saw that ancient ruins got moved to the Astronomy Tower, so now I'm here, lying on the ground of the Astronomy Tower, waiting for class to star" my tone is hollow, bored, and emotionless. Turning my head so that my neck would crane and give me a better view, I see an upside-down Professor Sinistra, "Why are we having lessons in the Astronomy Tower, Professor?" Professor Sinista simply shook her head, smiling down at her feet, she slowly takes a few steps forward and sits down beside me.  

"Miss Granger, I have been teaching you for almost seven years, and even in the midst of all your hard work, you have never once been quite like this" looking up at her in confusion, she continues, "Has something happened at home Miss Granger? Or is it friends? A boy, maybe?" looking at me, she sees she is correct, although about which she does not know, "My dear... Are things ok at home? I know that some stuff  happened with your parents before the war and-"

"NO! No, sorry. My parents are fine, I just had to send them off someplace safe before, but it's fine, I found them and we talked it over"

"So, it is a boy then?" blushing, I sit up and look at my feet, not needing to look at my Professor to see that she is smiling, "Well then come on Miss Granger, as I am taking two classes today, both of which are completely different. Trying to teach two different classes at once is impossible and teaching all of you only one subject is unfair. So, today will be a free day, a bit of 'House Unity', McGonagall has agreed it would be best....given the houses in today's class" without even blinking I guess

"Gryffindor and Slytherin. Isn't it?"

"Yes, child. So now, we wait"

Timeskip, beginning of class:

"Students please settle down" Professor Sinistra clapped her hands twice, and all the students moved so that they were sitting in a chair or leaning against the walls, awaiting the teacher's instructions, " Now students, as we can see, our class today is joined with Professor Babbling's Ancient Runes class, and because of that, we will not be doing classwork today. So please, place your books back into your bags, they will be taken back to your dorms shortly. Everyone rise and make your way to the front of the school, please." getting up, we all start for the door, Gryffindors in front and Slytherins in back. Until we couldn't, frozen where we stood, we were unable to move as all,