The Girl With The Sad Eyes

A/N: you should know that this one is set entirely in Newt's perspective. It's also AU. The song is Mad Season by Matchbox 20. Also the what falls will break thing was a quote from Tay Swift.

There she is. I don't know her name, but know about her. Her hair is dark and constantly covering her face, as though she is hiding from world.

I feel stupid, but I know it won't last for long

Her eyes are framed by thick glasses and are deep and mysterious, as though she has seen the world as it truly is.

I've been guessing, but I may have been guessing wrong

So lost and forlorn. I can tell she doesn't belong here, in a ninth grade classroom. She belongs in heaven with the other Angels.

You don't know me now, but I kinda thought that you should somehow

But alas she fell from above and saw too many of the horrors of the planet on which she landed.

Has that whole mad season got you down?

What have those eyes seen in her short, short life? What horrors has she been forced to endure?

Well I feel stupid, but it's something that comes and goes

I know quite a bit about her. I sit and stare at her most of the time... which seems creepy when I think about it.

And I've been changing, I think it's funny how no one knows

She wears large orange headphones, to keep everyone out. To keep herself out.

We don't talk about the little things that we do without

Here favourite album is Exile On Mainstreet. Her favourite song is Mad Season.

When that whole mad season comes around

I wish for her to speak. I heard her sing once. It reassured me that she came from heaven.

So why you gotta stand there looking like the answer now?

I feel a sense of joy when I see her, despite her gloomy exterior.

It seems to me you'd come around

I wish I could walk up to her, learn her name and light up her eyes. Make those gloomy grey eyes smile.

I need you now

I wish I could hold her, and learn about her. I want to be her friend.

Do you think you can cope?

I want to speak to her. The fallen Angel.

You figured me out

Do it. You can do it. At lunch.

That I'm lost and I'm hopeless

She sits alone, under the big tree on the hill. No one sits near her. Everyone just walks past.

I'm bleeding and broken

They do not dare tease or taunt her. They don't believe she's even worth acknowledgement.

Though I've never spoken

I don't know why I feel like she is. But I can tell that there is a pure soul hidden behind her shadowed exterior.

I come undone

I place my faith in her. I can feel her pain when I look into those eyes.