Your Royal Failure

A/N: Life is so hard!! Like srsly guyz.

I slouch in my throne and pick at a loose thread on my itchy gown.
"Sit up straight!" My mother hisses, fixing my posture. "Just because this is only a practice coronation, it doesn't mean that you can act like you don't care."
"Yes it does!" I mumble. "And it's not acting, mum, I really don't care!"
"Hush!" A priest says a few words and hands me a candlestick and jewelry box. I stand, my parents applaud, and I sit back down.
"See? Was that so bad?" My mother hisses.
"Yes it was."
"Stop being such a drama queen!"
"That's a drama princess, I'm not queen yet."
"Ugh. Okay, well, is there anyone specific you want to attend?" My father asks. I think for a moment.
"Can King Newton of Wales come? I went to his coronation, seems only fitting he come to mine."
"Please, you just want him to come because he's your best friend," my mother scoffs.
"Well, yeah..."
"Fine. He may attend... anyone else?"
"Beth, Ana, Will, Joey, Tam?"
"Marcella..."
"Yes mother?"
"Your siblings are already coming."
"Oh... Right..."
"You are to introduce them, okay? By their full names."
"Should I practice?"
"Yes..."
"Now, I present to you," I begin in monotone. "Princess Annabeth of Edinburgh. Princess Anastasia of Edinburgh. Prince William of Edinburgh. Prince Jonah of Edinburgh. And Princess Tamara of Edinburgh. You may be seated." I bow. "Can I go now?"
"Yes you can go. Oh, and Marcella?"
"Yes father?"
"There's a surprise your siblings have arranged... they're waiting by the grand staircase." I nod and exit the official coronation room, finding my brothers and sisters waiting on the steps of the staircase, in unofficial wear. The youngest, Anabeth, runs down and jumps into my arms. She's five years old.
"Marcie!!" She squeals.
"Hi, Beth. Mom said you have a surprise?"
"Yeah! It was Joey's idea... come on!!" Joey is my twin brother. He was born two minutes after me, so I'm getting coronated instead of him, which suck. He hops down the stairs, his dark hair messy, wearing baggy jeans, a white tee and a leather jacket. I'll admit, he's pretty handsome. It's only not weird cause we basically have the same face.
"It was. But the others put it into action." He slings an arm around my shoulders. "But, my dearest pain in the a- butt, younger kids - you might want to change first..." I nod and trot up the huge staircase, high heels in hand, to my room. I quickly change into tight jeans with chains, a hoodie and a leather jacket that matches my brother's. I slide my feet into my high tops and race back to the stairs. My brothers wait at the bottom. I slide down the railing and my brothers catch me, carrying me on their shoulders to the foyer, where Tamara opens the door. A blonde in a dark hoodie and sunglasses waits outside. I smile wide and tackle the boy to the ground.
"ARG!! MARCIE!!" He shouts in his Wales accent.
"NEEEEWWWWWTTT!!!!!" I squeal, hugging my friend. He wraps his arms around my waist and lifts me up, wrapping my legs around his waist. I nuzzle my face into his neck as he spins us around.
"Um... kids... let's give them a moment..." Jonah ushers everyone inside.
"So, we're alone now..." I whisper with a wink. He leans in an lightly kisses my lips.
"Have you told anyone other than Jonah yet?" He whispers into my lips.
"No..." I pull away and he sets me down.
"You promised me you'd tell your parents by the coronation," he sighs.
"Do I look coronated?"
"Marcie, I absolutely hate you, and that is why I love you."
"Thanks?" He kisses me again.
"You little weirdo..." I take his hand.
"Yeah, but I'm your weirdo. Let's go inside." I take his hand and drag him upstairs, to a private pool with a locking door. We walk into the respective change rooms and change into swimsuits. I push my short hair off of my face. My swimsuit is a one piece stripped thing with an open back and two thin straps. I step out of the change room and cannonball into the deep end, just as Newt comes out. He shields his face from the splash before diving after me and scooping me up from underwater.
"My, my," he whispers. "It appears you need mouth to mouth." He lays me down on the pool deck and gently kisses me. I wrap my arms around my boy and kiss back. He lowers his face to my neck.
"Um, as much as I'd love that, I think it would be best if I were..." I cough, "Mark free at my coronation..." he pulls away.
"Of course m'lady." He bows and helps me up, pushing me into the pool.
"DAMMIT YOU ASS!!"
"BUT IM YOUR ASS!!"
"WHAT IN THE ACTUAL PITS OF HELL THAT WAS THE WEIRDEST FREAKING THING EVER!!"
"Well, your ass is cute, I'm cute, therefore I'm your ass!"
"AH, shaddup!!"
"... Make me." His face breaks into a smirk. I lean forward and press my lips to his. He licks the small ring in my lower lip.
"It sucks you have to take it out most of the time," he murmurs. "It makes you look fierce!" I claw the air.
"Rawr!" I purr. He quietly kisses me again.
"Mm, I'm gonna start calling you kitten!" He kisses me again, for much longer this time. I hear the door creak and
"MARCELLA ANNE MARIE WILLIAMS!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" My mother screeches.
"Shit..." I mutter under my breath.
"YOU'RE NOT TO DATE OF YOUR OWN FREE WILL!! YOU MUST COURT WHO WE CHOOSE!"
"At least he's royalty." My mother snorts.
"We - we had a husband all picked out, nice Elliot Winston. From Finland!"
"IT WOULDN'T HAVE WORKED OUT ANYWAYS!! HE WAS GAY!!" My mother's eyes widen.
"What. Is. That!" She points at my lip.
"A lip ring. Badass, huh?"
"YOU LITTLE FAILURE!! YOU DISHONOUR THE FAMILY NAME!!"
"CAN'T YOU JUST LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE WITH MY BOYFRIEND?!"
"NO!! HE'LL PROBABLY MAKE YOU DO X RATED THINGS!!"
"MOM NEWT'S A GREAT GUY!! HE'D NEVER DARE-"
"DON'T YOU SPEAK FOR HIM!"
"Your Majesty, I would never-" Newt tries to butt in.
"YOU!! YOU'VE CORRUPTED MY DAUGHTER!!"
"I HAVE DONE NO SUCH THING!" He roars. "YOU SIMPLY CAN EITHER ACCEPT THIS, OR YOU CAN LOOSE US BOTH, AND JONAH TOO!!" My mother purses her lips.
"Very well. If that is how you wish for it to be, then that is how it shall be. Marcella, you and Jonah better pack your bags. I want you out by dawn." She storms out, slamming the door. I'm
"God, I'm such a failure!" I groan with a facepalm.
"You're my royal failure," Newt whispers, giving me a light kiss on the head. "We should get dressed and you should go get Jonah. You two have some packing to do."

THE NEXT DAY, 2:00 AM

I take my brother's hand. Newt said he'd pick us up at 2:30.
"Joey?"
"Yeah?" I shrug, hitching my backpack up.
"What's gonna happen to us?"
"I dunno." I rest my head on his shoulder. A black '67 Chevy Impala pulls up in front of us. Newt pokes his head out the window.
"Need a lift?" He smirks. I nod and hop into the passenger's seat, and Joey gets in the back. As Newt peels out of the driveway, I stare back at our mansion.

I never thought it would end like this.

But yet, here I am, in the passenger side seat of a black Chevy Impala, driving into the peak of dawn.