Chapter 5

"Tommy?!" Wilbur shouted once he opened the door. The family were expecting guests but they weren't expecting their fostered brother to be welcomed back inside again. "You know the kid?" His friend asked looking down at the kid in his arms. "Yeah! Dadza fostered him yesterday- DAD!" Wilbur yelled up the stairs. "God he's shaking- DAD!" he yelled again hearing no footsteps come to his aid. Wilbur took Tommy into his own arms and welcomed the three in.

Wilbur walked over to the couch and ripped the big blanket off of it. Not sparing any time to wrap the fragile boy in it. It was difficult for him since he didn't know if Tommy was uncomfortable and with Tommy's wings he wasn't sure if the position they were in was quite right. By the time Techno ran down the stairs from all the commotion Tommy was a burrito. Tommy's face was pale and Wilbur could feel his body shiver through the blankets. "What's happening-"
"Where's Dadza?" Wilbur cut him off.
"He's down stairs- oh..." technos eyes stopped on the restricted boy that was still passed out in Wilbur's arms. "I'll go get him" he hurried, opening the basement door and running down the stairs.

"Where did you find him?" Wilbur asked rubbing circles on his younger brothers back. "We spotted him just laying in the grass, he freaked when we got close and ran off. I ended up running after him and finding him not to long afterwards, he passed out in my arms when I picked him up" Wilbur's friend explained. Wilbur huffed and looked down at his brother. He was still pale to the face.

Phil hurried up the stairs once Techno told him what happened. Instantly giving out small jobs to make the house warmer, not just for Tommy but for everyone in general. Techno had started the fire, Wilbur quickly sat down near it with Tommy still in his arms. Phil had helped the trio take their horses to the stable through the rain. Once they were back, Techno lead them through the house to have showers and changed into warm dry clothes, while Phil made coffee and hot chocolates.

Wilbur refused the warm liquid his dad offered and instead focused on the controlled flame stuck behind the glass and the small continuous circles he was rubbing on Tommy's back. He didn't understand why Tommy went outside, he had already been outside with him. Why did he have to go out during this weather? Wilbur knew Tommy probably wouldn't be well for a while and already knew that would be a pain to go through. He hadn't known Tommy for long but he picked up on the boy's stubbornness rather quickly. Wilbur guesses Tommy would only fight or ignore the fact he is actually ill.

The trio walk down the stairs in sync and took a seat on the couch, joining Techno and Phil. "So who is he?" George asks. George, Sapnap and Dream are the trios names. George usually wears his iconic black and white goggles, but he wasn't now as he his was wet. Sapnap had his iconic white headband which he was wearing and Dream had an iconic white smiley face mask which he wasn't wearing. Wilbur met the trio when he started school, even since then they've only grown closer.

"I fostered him yesterday" Phil said. "His name's Tommy"
"Well what was he doing outside?" Dream asks.
"I'm not sure... Wil? Do you know?" Phil turned to face his son.

"I... I don't, we were out earlier and we went to the tree house. I don't know why he went out again, I did warn him about the storm" Wilbur rambled, still staring into the warm blaze. "Weird... we'll just have to ask him when he wakes up" everyone agreed and silence filled the room while people sipped on their drinks.

"Why's his hair pink?" Sapnap ended the silence. His question caught everyone off guard and they turned to the small boy. Phil chuckled and Techno huffed. "Did... Ugh. He used my shampoo... didn't he?" Techno sighed, his expression quickly turned into a smile, which expanded to laughter, others joined in. Wilbur smiled a bit at the boys stupidity.

"Dad? When will he wake up" Wilbur asked once the laughter died down. He didn't mean to be a mood kill, but he really wanted to know. "I guess when he feels like it, when he's not freezing anymore? Maybe an hour or two" Wilbur nodded and stayed silent as his family asked the trio about their trip. He listened to their stories but never voiced his opinion or jokes his mind was begging him to let free. He sat there in silence for the next hour, until the boy in his arms started to shift around.

"W-Wil?" The boy whispered. It was barely audible but thanks to Wilbur's heightened senses he was able to pick up on it. "Yeah buddy, I'm here" he rubbed more circles on the youngers back. Tommy shifted around more to get comfortable. "I-... I'm sorry" he mumbled before sleep took over him once again. Wilbur smiled and played with Tommy's now pink stained hair, hoping it would bring the boy come comfort during his dreams. It did, well kinda. Instead of nightmares, the young boy didn't see anything. He just slept in the darkness of his own mind. Much more peaceful than what he was expecting.