Chapter 9

Morning rose quickly and Tommy soon realised he had sat by his window seal the whole night. Just staring into the sky. He did feel much better... once he was sitting down. Tommy jumped to his feet and used the wall to stabilise himself, feeling a rush of lightheadedness hit him.

Deciding to fight against the fuzzy feeling in his head he walked out his room. From there he walked downstairs and found himself glaring at a dirty blonde mans head. Well the back of his head. Tommy didn't know who they were, and yet they were cooking for the house. The man turned around with a plate of pancakes in his hands. He jumped seeing the small boy glaring at him.

"Uh hey? Tommy right?" He asked as warmly as possible, placing the pancakes on the bench. "Who are you?" Tommy asked, more harshly than he intended. He began to scramble over his words, trying to apologise for the harshness being his voice. "It's alright!" The man reassures. "You did nothing wrong" he says. "I'm Dream, I was one of the people who brought you home" Tommy stared to the side, trying to remember that night.

"You're the one who grabbed me!" Tommy shouts, pointing at Dream. "Uh... yes... that would be me." He sighs. "Anyway I made pancakes? Want some before I wake everyone else up?"

Tommy wanted to say yes. He was really hungry. But his mind got the better of him. The mind tricks these people could be playing, the dangers lying behind a simple pancake. He didn't want to die. So he wasn't going to eat the food they cooked.

Tommy shook his head. Dream raised a brow, looking Tommy up and down before going up the stairs. Tommy walked over to the couch and laid down on it. Feeling surprisingly comfortable and not having a rusty spring stick into his back.

-

"Oi, breakfast is made" Dream smiled waking Wilbur up. The brunet groaned and raised like the dead. His hair sticking up everywhere like an electrocuted cat. He nods and Dream leaves the room. The last person to wake from upstairs was Phil.

Dream knocks on the door and hears a 'come in'. Surprised he was even awake, Dream opens the door and welcomes himself in. "Morning Dream!" Phil smiles. He was currently opening his blinds. "Morning Phil, I made breakfast for everyone"
"Oh thanks mate, you didn't have to"
"Yeah well, you're kinda taking care of all my friends and helping us out so it felt right" Dream smiled, rambling on about the stuff Phil was helping his friends with. "It's no problem, really. You guys are welcome anytime"
"Thanks Phil... um.. quick question"
"Yeah what is it?" Phil turned to face the teen. He could feel the mood change.

"When uh... has Tommy ate? He just seems a little.. sceptical of my cooking?" Dream asked. "Or does he just not like pancakes? Because my cooking isn't bad, I know it's not-"
"Dream! Calm down" Phil snaps, cutting Dream off of his panic. "But uh.. I did try... to get Tommy to eat, it he was sceptical as well" Phil says. "I'll talk to him later, but for now. Let's go have some pancakes"

-

Wilbur had come downstairs and gotten his pancake before everyone else. He even joined Tommy on the couch, at first forcing Tommy to lay his legs over his lap. But Tommy pulled his legs to his chest out of instinct and continued to softly snore. How he had fallen asleep in the first place was a mystery to Wilbur.

Techno eventually came down, waking up Sapnap and George from the basement. The three got their pancakes and joined them in the lounge room. Sapnap and George fought over the recliner, which ended up with both of them sitting on it. Somehow managing to squish in the seat. Techno sat on the floor, just infront of Tommy.

Dream and Phil then joined everyone. They got their pancakes and was welcomed into the lounge. Dream sat on the floor by his friends, while Phil sat near the end of the coffee table.

"How did everyone sleep?" Phil asked, starting conversation. There were all sorts of responses, all piled over the top of each other like the bag of a scrabble game. "Yeah I slept alright" Techno said calmly after everyone else, before shoving a piece of pancake into his mouth.

"How is the kid still asleep, all I've seen him do is sleep! He's worse than George." Sapnap commented. "Hey!"
"I don't know, he was up earlier before I woke everyone up" Dream replied, ignoring the comments from his friends. "Well he was asleep when I came down, basically right after you woke me?" Wilbur added. "He went out like a light" Techno chuckles.

"So uh.. when's the rain ending?" George cleared his throat before speaking. "Today, maybe tomorrow. Why what's up?" Wilbur asked. "Mum didn't want us out for too long, said we needed to be back to deliver something for her" Dream rubbed the back of his neck, taking a stand. "Oh! That reminds me, we should probably check on the cow we brought along, Puffy said you asked her for one?" Sapnap asked Phil, handing his plate to Dream. "I didn't even see you guys bring it, must've passed my mind- thank you" Phil said handing Dream his plate.

"Well why don't we head out there? There's a bit of a break, a good chance to check on the house aswell" Dream said, now walking to the kitchen with everyone's plates. Techno shrugged and got to his feet. "What about Tommy?"
"I'll get him up and we'll be out there in a second" Wilbur said, watching as everyone got up and left.

Wilbur sighed and lightly nudged Tommy's shoulder. Tommy groaned in response, becoming annoyed his sleep was cut short. "Cmon Tommy, it's morning" Tommy whined and shoved his face into a pillow. Wilbur groaned and picked Tommy up, throwing him over his shoulder. "WILBUR!" Tommy shouts. "What happened? Not get enough sleep or something."
"Yeah..." Tommy yawned, rubbing his eyes. "Well you can sleep later, right now we're going to the barn. The rest are out there"
"What for?"
"The trio brought a cow with them, for us. So we're going out to say hi" Tommy groaned and relaxed on Wilbur's shoulder. He would've fallen asleep again if Wilbur didn't keep jumping and telling him to keep his eyes open.

"We're here!" Wilbur announced, taking Tommy off of his shoulder and gently placing him into the ground. Tommy tiredly took Wilbur's and and the two walked over to the group. "Morning Tommy" Phil smiled. Tommy grumbled and weakly looked up, his eyes half open. "Look at the cow" Phil said, crouching down and pointing to where it sat.

Tommy moved his gaze and his eyes fell on a dark brown and white calf. It was sleeping, exactly what Tommy wanted to be doing. It's face was mainly white but had a few patches covering it's eyes and nose. "Whats it's name?" Tommy asked, looking back at the group. "He doesn't have a name." George said. "Henry..." Tommy mumbled. "What was that?" Phil asked. "His name is Henry!" Tommy smiled. "Is that what you named him?" Tommy nodded. "Well then the cows name is Henry"

"Hey uh, sorry to break the moment. But sleepwell, sampam and goggles, I need your help securing the house for the next few days" Techno said. "I'm sorry? What did yo-"
"Apology accepted, now let's go" He replied, cutting off Brunet and walking out the barn door. George, Sapnap and Dream following a few seconds later.

"I better make sure Techno doesn't start fighting them" Phil sighed, jogging out the barn door after the 4 teenagers. "Well Tommy, I have to go feed the rest of the animals. Do you want to come or stay with Henry?"
"Henry" Tommy said blankly. Wilbur smiled, ruffled up his brothers pink stained hair and walked out. Telling Tommy to stay near Henry.

Tommy smiled, which was soon broken when he yawned. Without a second thought he ducked under the wooden fence and walked over to the cow. Tommy started to pat Henry but when his head and neck got heavy he eventually laid down.

At first, Henry rose his head trying to understand why the small boy was on him, and Tommy began to fear the cow would kick him, but Henry only layed his head back down in Tommy's lap. Letting Tommy lean his head against the cow's neck. Both falling asleep again.