Chapter 8

Tw - Panic attack, self harm, mentions of blood

"What happened?" Phil asked his sons. He was rubbing Tommy's back while he was asleep on his shoulder. He had passed out not too long after Phil sat down on the couch. He had put two and two together, he knew Tommy was the reason Wilbur had a shallow cut up his arm and he also knew Tommy was the reason Techno has tissue shoved up his nose.

"When he woke up he just freaked and jumped behind the couch! I tried to talk to him but he just kicked me and ran to the door."

"How did he get on the field?" Phil continued to question.

"He uh- what did he do?- he kinda just froze once the door opened? When I tried to hug him he dropped to the floor, crawled away and ran to the field" Wilbur said remembering what had happened moments ago.

"Can you explain why you're all bleeding?" He asked.

"I'm not 100% sure... he just started scratching. Just his arms, he was scratching his arms-"

"I passed by Wilbur at the door, Tommy had scratched himself to the point of blood" Techno took over. "I grabbed his hands to stop him and he only freaked out more"

"Tommy began to try and get techno off-"

"We didn't know what to do so Wilbur just hugged him to try and get him to stop moving"

"We told him to breath and he eventually started to. When we thought he was fine we let him go but he just started up again!"

"Techno tried to retrain him from hurting himself but Tommy freaked and kicked techno in the face-thats why he has... tissue- yeah"

"That doesn't explain your arm" Phil motioned his head to Wilbur's arm. "Oh! It was during when he was freaking out- h-he panicked in the hug and scratched at me to let go" Phil nodded.

He had the answers he wanted but more questions bubbled in his brain. He wanted to know what happened to Tommy. Why did he run outside in the first place? Why did he scratch so hard? What caused it all in the first place?
"I'll sleep up with Tommy tonight, you two get some sleep" Wilbur and Techno listened to their father and retreated to their rooms.

Phil listened to his own words. He picked Tommy up like he did before and made his way upstairs and into his room. He got into bed and pulled the blankets up. Tommy curled up against Phil's side almost dead. His body was completely still when he slept. If not for the steady, small rise of fall of Tommy's chest as he breathed and the soft, light snores that left his mouth, Phil probably would've looked for a pulse.

When morning hit. Tommy was gone from Phil's side, sending him into slight panic. Phil jumped up from his bed and searched every room in the house, being careful not to wake anyone. It was pouring outside and Phil had a feeling Tommy wasn't foolish enough to go outside again. He walked back to his room and think and stopped dead in his tracks when he opened his bedroom door. Laying on the ground, beside his bed was Tommy. He was peacefully laying on the floor. unaware of the panic he had just caused Phil to have.

Phil sighed, letting himself breath before he picked Tommy up. Tommy melted into Phil's arms and whined when he felt the touch leave his body. Phil only chuckled and pulled the blankets over the younger boy. Then he left to get started on the day.

"Tommy?" Tommy whined when the voice echoed in the room. It hurt his ears. "Come on we have food downstairs" Tommy shook his head and put a pillow over his face. Covering his ears. The room still seemed to be so loud and so... hot? Tommy panted under the pillow and blankets that were covering his body.