Reader x Popular Girl

Jessica Stauber ⬆️

Jessica Stauber ⬆️

My name is (Y/N) (L/N) and I am taking on psychology on my college course. Ever since I was a child, I have always been fascinated by the human mind. Like just how mysterious it is and satisfying to know how it works. Both of my parents are in the medic line of work, My mom is a therapist while my dad is a veterinarian.
The first time I ever got to read a book about psychology stuff is when I was 8 years old. It was a gift by my mom on my 8th birthday as I kept bugging her to buy me one so she did on my birthday.

I was so excited and fascinated by the new knowledge I learnt every page I read that until the age of 13,I kept reading the same book and not getting tired of it. Due to this, I can read people's emotions easily and what they feel. For example,Just like now.

Not too far away from my table in the cafeteria, There's a group of guys surrounding a girl and not just any girl, The most beautiful and popular girl in our university, Jessica Stauber.
I am not really the type to care about anyone else's appearance but Stauber's beauty struck me stunned to my feet. Shes really an astounding girl, As cliche as it sounds.. Shes also really smart and talented. She won countless beautiful pageants already and is a little network celebrity. According to the rumors,2-4 modeling agents tries to recruit every week but she all turned the down.

Back to reality, She's currently being surrounded by 3 men and I could clearly tell she was uncomfortable with how her body language. Constantly avoiding eye contact, slightly fidgeting and that smile that could fool anyone in the room but not me. I turn my gaze away from them but never stopped listening to what they were talking about.

"Hey Jessica! What are you doing out here eating alone?" Cocky guy with blonde ridiculous hair said then followed up with his stupid drug addict looking goon "Do you mind if we sit with you? There isn't that much available tables and since there's enough space, I hope you let us join a meal with you."

Ugh.. Just hearing,I knew they were already assholes so I continued to eavesdrop nonetheless.

"O-oh um.. Im kind of waiting for my friends right now so I'm afraid the seats aren't available." Jessica Stauber lied with her excuse and the guys looked a bit suprised and embarrassed. But there will always be that one asshole fucker in your group of friends that can't respect women and third goon would probably be that.

"Eh? Are you really sure you're waiting for your friends? Come on,just let us sit with you even for few minutes,right guys?" The asshole said which the other two reluctantly agreed. On the other hand, Jessica Stauber looked a bit more paler than her normal skin tone and looked down on the table while nervously fiddling with her hand.

How cute.. To think that the most popular girl would squirm like this.

"I-i'm really sorry but my friends will be here soon so I'll appreciate it if you go to another table.." She said meekly and the third dumbass was about to say something that'll probably unsettle her more so I decided to take action and stood up from my chair and approach them. The four of them turn their attention to me which what I just wanted them to do.