Chapter 20

"What are you doing! Are you really doing your job right?! I told you to heal her! Why is she not waking up?!"

Oh God. Why is he raising his voice so much? It's not like we're deaf.

He's even shouting and pressuring the poor doctor. It's not like I can just miraculously get well right after his diagnosis.

Though, I feel a little guilty since I was already awake for a few minutes now and I just don't really want to open my eyes. I'm not in the mood to cater to anyone's bullshits right now.

"We also don't know Lord Hamilton. It could be that her body is taking a rest from the blood loss that she had earlier."

Don't worry. I'm just pretending to be unconscious. No worries. Anyway, am I a spartan or something? I woke up too soon despite being mentally tired and physically wounded.

"Fuck. Go out."

The doctor truly has a peculiar name.

"Ces. Please don't leave me."

Ugh. What the hell is he saying. He was just speaking with a very cold and scary voice earlier and now his voice is so soft and kind. The doctor would be crying in blood out of the discrimination.

Why is he even holding my hand?! Go away!

"I command you not to die."

Why is he so dramatic? The doctor clearly said that I was just exhausted.

And why is he commanding me?!

"Don't die, Ces."

He released my hand and soon after, I heard the sound of the door shutting.

I really just want to escape from this situation. If I wake up now, I'll probably be forced to talk to him or be in the middle of a bad situation again.

I don't really want to talk to Evan now, especially since he said disturbing things earlier. What did he say again? Something like staying with him?

I don't want to open my eyes. I can't speak yet since I'm pretending to be unconscious, and I don't know the situation out there. I hope someone talkative would come so I'll hear about the details.

Like why I feel like I'm laying on a very fluffy bed or why the temperature or feeling in this room is very different than the usual one in prison.

"I told you that I'll be the one to protect her! You took her from me and yet you couldn't protect her from danger!"

My shoulders flinched from the loud voice.

God. Why are the people who keep on coming here so noisy? Why do they keep on raising their voice?

Wait. That's Hans' voice right?

"Go away. I'm not in a good mood."

Oh. So Evan was still here.

"Fuck! I'm also not in a good mood! If she never wakes up, I'm telling you. You're not gonna get away from this unscathed."

Hey Hans. Where did you get the confidence to speak like that? I mean, he's threatening his master! Is he a powerful noble in the shadows for him to threaten a noble like that?

It's not really an impossible thing since we're inside a novel. All kinds of plot twists could occur.

Ah. I'm kind of touched that Hans is really worried for me enough for him to talk to Evan like that. I guess we really bonded well in the prison.

"Hey! What the hell are you doing! Fuck! Get away from her!"

I heard stomping of shoes coming near me and a thud that soon followed.

"Why the fuck did you kiss her hand without permission?!"

It was too late for my mind to digest what happened. Yeah. I want to know why you kissed my hand too.

"Am I supposed to get permission from an unconscious person? Or are you saying that I need your permission?"

"I'm saying that you're so fucked up that you kissed a person without their permission and knowledge about it. Kiss her when she's awake so you can get punched!"

Man. I really am trying my best to suppress this feeling of giving Hans a round of applause and a standing ovation. He knows me so well and he's even doing well on arguing with Evan.

"This is just considered politeness between nobles. And I've been negligent towards your attitude towards me… don't forget that I'm your master. You would have been punished or killed already if it were another person."

"Then why don't you kill me?"

"Because I think Ces will get angry at me if anything happens to you."

***