The Surprise

Draco's POV

It is going to be almost 2 years since
y/n and I have been together. I had something special planned in mind for quite a few weeks now and was waiting for the perfect moment to give it to y/n. Now that our anniversary is coming up, I thought I would give it to her but make it kind of a surprise.

I saw a gown which caught my eye as soon as I stepped into Madam Malkin's. It was an emerald green color, as I imagined y/n wearing it, I thought it was the perfect dress. I paid for it and thought to myself, that it wasn't as hard to find a dress as I thought it would be.

---------------

y/n's POV

Draco told me to get ready as he was taking me somewhere special. I was interrupted by knocks when deciding upon what to wear as I couldn't find any.

"Open up y/n. It's me", you head towards the door as you recognize the voice as Draco's. "Get ready and meet me in the common room in an hour, ok?", He say, when you open the door, while handing you a package.

"Okay. What is this?", you ask, confused.

"You'll see"

"Bu-", he shuts the door behind him and leaves.

You look at the package, it has a note on it saying "For my most favorite person in the world, y/n l/n". You smile to yourself as you remove the note from the package and carefully place it on your bedside table. After tearing open the package, you set your eyes on the most dazzling emerald green dress you have ever seen. 

Knowing he gave me the dress to wear to the 'special place' he was taking me to later, I quickly set it neatly on the bed and hopped in the shower. After having a long, hot shower, I quickly wore that extravagant dress and did my hair and makeup. And after about 50 mins I was finally ready.

Draco's POV

I was sitting on the common room couch, waiting for y/n, and wondering how I was going to give her the special present. Although I was quite nervous, I knew I wouldn't admit it even to myself. I heard the sound of heels approaching and immediately got up and went to the bottom of the girl's dormitory, knowing it would probably be her. As she emerged from the staircase, I saw her for the first time in that dress, and couldn't take my eyes off her. She was smiling down at me from the last few steps of the staircase.

"You look absolutely gorgeous, darling.", I said, not looking away from her.

"Not looking too shabby yourself, in that black tux, Mr. Malfoy", She replied with a smirk, "So, what do you have planned?

"It's a surprise so I need you to wear this", I said holding up a blindfold.

"Okay? I guess...where is it that you are taking me anyways?", y/n asked as I put the blindfold over her mesmerizing y/e/c eyes, careful not to ruin her makeup.

"Trust me...it's worth it", I said, and taking her hand in mine, I led her out of the common room.

y/n's POV

The fragrance of Butterbeer and the chatter of everyone at the Three Broomsticks surrounded me as Draco opened the door for me when we entered. To be honest, knowing him, I was expecting more of a place I had never been to before, as a surprise. I knew that he was under a lot of pressure because of his father and Voldemort, but he told me it was worth it and I believed him. I shook my head to get the thought out of my head. I still loved him and that didn't change anything. We went to the corner table as usual and Draco pulled out the chair for me.

"What do you want, m'love?", Draco asked very softly.

"Treacle Tart and Butterbeer sounds nice, m'love.", I reply with a tiny tone of mockery in my voice. You place your hands on the table, balancing your head over them and leaning forward to look at Draco with great interest.

Draco rolls his eyes, not in an annoyed way, and gets up to go to the front of the pub to order.

Draco POV

I returned with the tarts and a huge mug of Butterbeer for y/n and I to share. Y/n smiled at me as I sat down. I was feeling a bit nervous for when I was finally going to surprise her. Trying to ignore the weird sensation triggering in my stomach, I returned the smile. In the middle of the meal, I stood up and gently pulled y/n up from her chair too.

"We are not even done with the food yet. Draco wa-", y/n said as I made way for us to go up to the center of the pub.

"ATTENTION EVERYONE", I said as loudly as I could without actually screaming. Almost everyone turned to look at us, including a few Hogwarts students that were present there.

"Oh my god, what are you doi-", she asked me, just a bit embarrassed because she didn't know what was coming yet.

"Today is y/n and I's 2 year anniversary together. Saying I love her to the moon and back would simply not be enough. She comforted and helped me through a lot of tough times. If it hadn't been for her, I wouldn't be here. She is my sole lover and is no less than a precious gem to me."

I felt y/n blush beside me as I took a small box out of my pocket, got down on one knee, opened the box and began again, "This promise ring represents my commitment to our love and I promise, that one day, this will be replaced with an engagement ring. I love you y/n l/n.", I finished breathlessly.

I stood up again, took her hand and slid the promise ring on her ring finger. As I looked up at her after kissing her hand, I saw her eyes slightly filled with tears.

"I love you too Draco Malfoy", She replied softly. Tears were starting to form at the corner of my eyes too, and I couldn't help it, but it didn't matter.

She threw her arms around my neck so suddenly that I almost tripped but managed to hug her back tightly. I pulled back a bit, and kissed her, the crowd now cheering and clapping and whistling.

When we finally pulled away, I grabbed her by the hand and led her out of the Three Broomsticks briskly. We went back to the castle. It was warm outside but the wind kept blowing in every couple of moments. We spent an hour or two by the lake. When it got darker, we stargazed. It was the best day of my life.

y/n's POV

I never saw this coming. I had no clue whatsoever about it, but I loved every moment of it. I love Draco with all my heart. I would never forget today. It was the best day of my life.

THE END