Part 2

Fast forward

You sit on the bleachers and do some homework while watching their practice. Your doing some math when you hear someone yell, "Watch out!!" You see a ball coming to your face and you set the ball up high back into the court and Hinata was able to run and spike it. Everyone looks at you with their jaw's dropped. 

"What?" you raised an eyebrow in confusion. Suga asks, "How did you learn to set like that? Do you play for the girl's team?"

"No, I don't play on a team, Bokuto is just really annoying when no one practices with him. Akaashi taught me how to set so he's not the only one Bokuto bothers to practice with him."

"That was so cool!" Hinata says with a puppy like wonder in his eyes. Coach Ukai asks if you want to play as a setter for 3 on 3 and you agree. On your team it's you Kageyama, and Daichi. You play as setter so Kageyama could practice his spikes. The opposing team was Suga, Hinata, and Noya.

Hinata serves first and it hits the net, "Ah sorry guys!" 

"It's ok just fix it next time." Suga says reassuring Hinata. Now it's your serve and you do a jump serve that sends the ball over. "Rolling thunderrrr!!!" Noya yells as he receives it.

"Nice Noya." Suga sets it to Hinata who spikes it. You receive the ball and Kageyama yells, "Setters out I got it."

"Give it to me." you yell and Kageyama accidentally sets you a quick attack because he's so use to that being Hinata's code word. You do your approach as you run up and hit the ball with such speed and force that no one on the other side even had time to react as it hits the ground.

"Wow you know how to do a quick attack?" Daichi asks.

"Like I said I practice with Bokuto a lot, and he tends to be sporadic on the court so I'm always ready for anything."

"That's really amazing Y/n." Kageyama says causing you to blush. You guys continue to play 1 set and your team won.

You finish cleaning up and you and Kageyama were leaving together when Hinata runs up to you guys

You finish cleaning up and you and Kageyama were leaving together when Hinata runs up to you guys. "Hey Y/n you did so great at practice you should come to another."

"Thanks that would be fun." you say smiling.

"So... what are you two going to do?"

Kageyama bluntly responds, "We have a chapter test in (any class) so I'm going to Y/n's house to study."

"Really!?' Hinata's face brightens, 'I have that class too. Y/n would you min if I came to your house to study."

"No I don't mind. Let's go." You say but a small part of you did mind since you wanted alone time with Kageyama.

Later

You guys got to your house and have been studying for a couple of hours. Kageyama sits in between you and Hinata with your knees and elbows touching. You have butterflies in your stomach. You guys are talking and laughing when Bokuto walks in.

"Hey hey hey! Y/n, do you have any food? My parents aren't home and I'm-" he stops when he sees Hinata and Kageyama. 

"Hey Bokuto we're just studying but there's food in the fridge if you're hungry." 

"Uhh... I think I'll just come back when y'all are done." Bokuto is getting ready to leave when Kageyama stands up, "Don't worry Bokuto we're just about to leave. It's getting late and we don't want to miss the train. Thanks Y/n." 

"Yeah thank you so much." Hinata says as they both walk out and leave. 

"I'm sorry." Bokuto looks down fidgeting with his fingers. 

"It's ok, don't worry about it. Like Kageyama said it was getting late.' You get up and walk towards Bokuto as you hold your hand out to him. 'Come on lets eat something. I'm getting hungry too." 

Bokuto looks up and smiles while he takes your hand and you drag him into the kitchen. Y'all eat dinner together having a great time enjoying each other's company.

After y'all eat Bokuto gets up to leave and you walk him out. "Thanks again for dinner Y/n."

"Of course anytime, you are my best friend after all." Y'all hug and you can tell by the way he held you that he didn't want to let go, but he did. You said bye shutting the door and then cleaned up, got in pajamas, did your night routine and went to sleep.

Friday: Day of the test

You woke up and got ready for the day. On test days you like getting dressed up because it makes you feel good about yourself and less nervous. After you get done you leave the house and go to school. 

"Hey Kageyama. Are you ready for the test?" 

"Yeah I think I am thanks to your help."

You begin to blush, "Of course anytime."

You take the test and you did really good on it. You begin to pack up and walk out of class.

"Y/n!!!" you turn around and feel someone hug you. "Yes?"

The person pulls back and you see, "Kageyama?" You start to feel flustered.

"I passed and it's all thanks to you! Now I get to play in the next game."

"Really congrats!" You hug him again and he picks you up spinning you around with both of you giggling and laughing. A few classes later it's lunch and you and Kageyama are going to get milk when Hinata runs up and shows you a paper, "I didn't fail! Thank you Y/n." He hugs you unexpectedly. 

"You're welcome. I'm so happy I was able to help you guys." 

Hinata asks, "Hey Y/n, so Noya is having a party with the volleyball teams tonight. Would you like to come?"

"Sure that sounds fun. I'll just get a ride from Bokuto since he's probably gonna wanna go too. Are you going Kageyama?" 

"Ummm I'm no-" Kageyama says stammering when Hinata cuts him off and puts his arm around Kageyama's shoulder, "Of course he's going he wouldn't miss a chance to hang out with us. Isn't that right Kageyama?"

Kageyama looks at Hinata and hesitates before saying, "Yeah. Yeah, I guess I am going." Kageyama starts blushing.

"Great, I'll see y'all there! I have to get to my next class now, bye guys." 

"Bye Y/n." Hinata and Kageyama say.

You walk away so excited for tonight.