Part 4

You walk into your first class and you were nervous to talk to Kageyama

"Hey Y/n!" He said giving you a different type of smile you haven't seen before.

"Hi, why are you so chipper today?"

"Well you know how me and Hinata confessed to each other?"

*Of course I remember* you blink back tears as you try to act casual, "Yeah, what about it?"

"Hinata and I are officially dating now!"

"Oh... congrats. I'm happy for you."

Later when lunch began you made an excuse on why you couldn't get milk with Kageyama. You went to the cherry tree behind your school and started to cry. You felt so conflicted as you wanted to be happy for them but you were still heart broken. Worst of all you were just upset with yourself for falling for him and causing this pain onto yourself. 

You didn't know what to do or who to talk to and you honestly felt so alone. You put your face in your knees crying until you heard a ringing. *Who's calling me at this time?*

It was Bokuto. You answered the phone so fast you didn't it was almost instinct.

"Hey' you start wiping your tears away trying to sound like you weren't just crying, 'aren't you suppose to be in class at this time? How come you're calling?"

"Did you not want to hear from your lovely best friend. My heart has been wounded.' You know Bokuto was just being dramatic trying to make you smile which it did. He also knew how to make you smile. he continued, 'and besides my teacher won't mind if i step away just for a minute. He's probably thankful for it.' You just sat listening as he went on feeling more comforted just hearing his voice, 'Anyway I know this is your lunch time and I wanted to call and make sure you were ok."

That simple question of 'are you ok' was the breaking point as you burst into tears. "I don't know what to do? I want to move on, b-but it hurts... Bokuto it hurts so much." Your bottom lip begins to quiver at you feel your heart racing. Bokuto is on the other end with his heart shattering not knowing how to help.

"And that's ok.' you were very surprised by his response, 'It's ok to feel hurt you need to feel the emotion, allow it, and then release and move on. It's a crappy situation. It's sucks and it's not fine but there's gonna be a day when it doesn't hurt anymore. That day is the day you have to look forward to, that's the goal, that's the light at the end of the tunnel. And I'll be with you every step of the way."

In that moment you gasp as you took a big inhale feeling like you can finally breathe again. You start smiling and begin crying again.

"Oh no did I do something wrong? What I said wasn't meant to make you cry more?" You chuckle and wipe away the tears, "I am just so grateful to have you in my life." 

"I'm grateful you're in my life too." You sat on the phone in silence for a little but it wasn't the awkward kind of silence it was more of a comforting feeling. After some time you look at the time realizing your next class was about to begin.