Chapter 5 - The Difference Between Dreaming And Reality

Draco felt his pulse. He was still alive. Barely, his inner voice taunted him.

Draco flexed against the chains his body swaying slightly as the guard (Draco assumed he called him the doctor sometimes, but his head was too fuzzy to make any sense) carefully injected him with the syringe into his vein.

"What're you doin' to me?" he warily glanced over to the researchers hidden behind the thick glass. He tried to see if there were any other identical, mirror setups such as his, but to no avail. It seemed as if they had separated him from the others. The mirror only reflected his own body and the guard that was dressed in white. Draco studied his face to the best of his ability, each time he tried he started over because the pain in his body screamed. "What're you doin' to me?" He repeated.

He attempted to kick away the guard but his feet couldn't even lift themselves up. His legs twitched only a centimeter forward. He tried over and over, his legs eventually giving up and instead of staying in place to hold himself.

The guard (doctor? nurse? he didn't know what to call them anymore, the contents of the syringe began to make him woozy and dazed) simply looked back at the researchers as he slipped out the syringe.

"Hell, heaven, you can call it anything you want," the guard said, he flicked the syringe, licking his cracked-dry lips," I made it myself, just for you."

Doctor. Draco concluded.

The doctor stepped back and pulled his mask back down. He turned his back to place the syringe on the tray. The sound of clattering being heard in front.

Draco felt it kick in a moment later, bliss, heaven, euphoria, every other synonym in the world for feeling harmony. Hell–this is hell. Draco's body relaxed and his body began to slump slightly. The ceiling began to whirl and the doctor's face becoming more blurry and unidentifiable.

Not hell, heaven. He corrected himself, he knew deep inside that this feeling was not heaven." wh–wha."

"Feels good right?" the doctor snapped off his gloves and scribbled down on his small notebook. "When you want more, and trust me you will need more, just hit that button right there by your foot. You'll feel it volt right through you're body." The doctor once more faced him with a crazed look. His eyes were bright but they greatly contrasted to the eye bags. He looked like he would collapse any moment from sleep deprivation. "It'll probably blast through your buddies' bodies too," he muttered.

Draco's head bopped down and up. His body twitching, fingers flicking up and down in an attempt to move. Finally, he began to shake. A small chuckle beginning to turn into full laughter. At this moment, he didn't seem to care enough about how he got here, and why he couldn't fight back with the chains that physically and mentally held him back from escaping. He didn't seem to notice the small screams that echoed far deep in the other rooms beside him.

"Thatta' boy," the doctor cupped his cheek lightly patting it with encouragement. Not that he seemed to need because Draco had begun to have blood-red eyes and other physical symptoms that painted onto his skin.

The doctor lightly tapped onto the one–way mirror and pointed back at his watch," he'll want more in about four hours."

Draco began to settle himself more comfortably. Though his wrists strained against the chains binding him up he felt simply felt euphoric.

Draco, escape, revenge, a soft voice whispered to him. Almost seeming like a reminder of what he came to do here. Revenge, it whispered continuously.

The whispers soon became deaf to him as he chuckled and smiled.

❖ ── ✦ ──『✙』── ✦ ── ❖

The white door beeped and a small green light flickered on as the doctor stepped out. It buzzed when it closed and switched back to a bright red. The cameras in the room following him as he stepped out.

The watching room was much more crowded than the previous room he had been in with the patient. The room was a mix of female and male researchers that mumbled and flipped through their papers writing and highlighting important sentences.

Idiots, the doctor scoffed, sending a small smile to them when they turned to the sound, he flicked his eyes to the small camera in the corner glancing away not wanting to seem suspicious. Now to check on the others. He had to remind himself. He scratched his pointy nose.

The doctor couldn't even bother to look at the nameplate attached to the door and instead named him 'patient silver'. The doctor coughed and gathered the attention of the researchers," if you'll excuse me, I have others to attend to."

The researchers nodded simultaneously, it crept the doctor slightly but he was used to their actions.

He creaked the door open, the metal door creaking as it did. The door was engraved with warning signs that read; ' CAUTION, testing in progress, DO NOT DISTURB', 'DANGER, test subject', 'DO NOT ENTER WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION'.

The doctor didn't want to get into the signs, the patient or rather a test subject was helpless, a mere flopping puppet without strings at this point, that couldn't make a full sentence without stuttering or mumbling.

The doctor rounded the corner and greeted his star pupil, "ah, Miss. Granger. Finished your task already?"

The girl pursed her lips and hesitantly nodded. Her bushy hair was tied back in a low ponytail to complete her assignments. The female wore a light lab coat with black slacks fitted along with a plain white shirt. Her last name fitted onto her uniform.

The girl opened her mouth and shut it closed, her small smile lightly turning into a frown before returning to a small smile once more. Her right hand fiddling with her stethoscope slinked around her neck." I-Is that a one of the new test subjects?"

"Yes, his name is," the doctor thought for a moment and walked to his office, the girl following closely," i believe his name was Silver?"

"Silver?"

"I'm not sure so, let's not get too concerned. He's simply just a test subject here. You wouldn't want to get attached to it."

The bushy–haired girl looked back at the door and simply nodded in agreement." Yes, I wouldn't want to get too attached." She looked over his shoulder to look at his picture," not again", she mumbled.