Chapter 16 - Pleasing A Storm

Harry awoke alone. For an odd reason, it felt weird-so very wrong to be left alone. The cold feeling of his own thoughts unraveling around him. The terror's that haunted him and would come mostly when he was alone.

He almost wondered if everything had been a dream. The whole Hermione thing, the Draco Malfoy situation, hell everything he had been going through felt like a dream.

To make sure this was the present he pinched himself-wincing when he did it roughly,"yeah i'm awake."

He paused once more, in realization as the words began to sink. Alone? That can't be right. Harry patted his pockets quickly for the map, not finding it there he dug his hands inside his jacket, sighing in relief that it had not been stolen by Draco Malfoy.

"Fuck, don't tell me he left." Harry automatically lifted himself from the dirt ground scanning for any sign of the male.

There was no tall blond in sight. Not even a sign that Harry had, had company.

"Malfoy!" Harry peeked his head behind a tree. A stupid action really because why the hell would he be doing behind one. "I don't have time for these games! We have to get going!"

His loud angry voice boomed within the woods. It startled the birds from their homes. And the silence to cease as he had awoken every animal nearby to start the new day.

"Malfoy!"

"Do you not know when to shut the hell up Potter?" A tired voice behind Harry had startled a small yelp to fall from his lips.

Harry's skin flushed lightly. The tips of his ears held a light pink contrasting to the tan of his skin exposed from the days of the sun. "Malfoy where have you been?!"

The male points to the nearby fire. "Sleeping, obviously."

He frowned,"That can't be true, I searched for you there."

"Believe me or don't," Malfoy waved him off, yawning slightly,"it doesn't matter to me."

"Okay", Harry ruffled his hair. He winced at the small specks of dirt that flew off,"but we should leave early while we can. We might be able to make it by the end of today if we're lucky."

"Hmm." Malfoy reached his arms above his head in a stretch. His shirt lifting slightly as he did.

It drew Harry to divert his eyes immediately back to the map in his hands.

The main base where his friends were couldn't have been far. It would take at least five or six hours to get there. His eyes caught a part of land that he did not wish to pass by. He recalled being told that monsters lurked there. Worst beasts beyond the imagination that one could not possibly comprehend.

He nodded to himself to go around that land instead. He glanced back to see Malfoy walking in his direction.

"Are we leaving now?" His voice was husky (slightly raspy as well) as he had just woken up.

Harry hummed in agreement. He didn't want to open his mouth to speak more than he needed too. The days of spending it outside made his breath smell. He could feel the specks of small dirt falling off of him each time he took a step. Did he smell?

That was a possibility, one that he did not want to make a bigger deal out of than he needed to. If he was lucky maybe he could bathe in a lake (if they passed by one that is).

"We should find a lake if we can." Harry voiced out." I can smell you from here."

"Speak for yourself, i haven't been out here as long as you have Potter." Malfoy didn't even look his way to address his opinion.

Harry clicked his tongue. Not a single comeback at the truth that was spoken.

Once again he skimmed over the map. Seriously? No fucking lake nearby?

"I would love to leave you here staring at that paper, but you are the only one who knows what direction we're headed to."

"Don't." Harry clenched the map. He was over the pointless necessity to pick an argument with him.

"Don't what?"

"Don't taunt me, don't speak unless spoken to. Don't rush me because I don't appreciate that." Harry swiveled his head to the taller male.

Malfoy smirked. God he wanted to wipe that off of him. It was like each reaction he gave him pleased this man.

"Then why don't you lead the way and not stay there standing like some fool awaiting for the map to speak to you."

Harry swept closer to him without a care.

"What are you doing?" Malfoy demanded.

Harry rolled up jacket's sleeve, calculatingly revealing his arm.

Malfoy stepped back in fear of being punched in the face. His arms raised slightly waiting for the timing to raise them up to defend himself.

Harry watched his eyes close harshly as he raised his right arm.

One second, five, then ten seconds Malfoy had held his eyes clenched shut.

Harry had walked past him,"nothing, now let's go."

A look of disbelief and embarrassment made its way onto Malfoy. Harry bit his bottom lip to hold back the smile that was building up inside of him.

For once Harry thought maybe they could get along.

Sorry for the wait on the chapters

Sorry for the wait on the chapters. Writers block got to me. Thanks for taking the time to read and follow the story. I hope it's meeting your expectations, and not making viewers confused.