Chapter 13- A Strange Ballad

Chapter 13 - A Strange Ballad

"Run, run, run!" Draco rambled in a mantra

"Run, run, run!" Draco rambled in a mantra. Forcing his legs to move one after another each step he took up.

His fingers lightly grazing the rail to his left as he continued following Granger behind.

He could her her huffing for air each second that passed.

His foot slipped on the stair yanking Granger slightly down.

"Shit." Draco cursed as he picked himself up once more.

Granger's hand that grasped released his hand and rushed ahead while he followed closely behind.

"Stop!" A voice (or various, the echoing of footsteps made it difficult) called behind them.

The marching of the security seeming to get nearer each time he managed to take a peek at them.

Ten- no, twenty security trailed each holding a gun in their arms as they ran.  Looking at the first guard he could tell that they had been trained for situations such as this.

Both Granger and Draco gasped in deep breaths not taking even a second to speak or hesitate as they ran up the stairs.

Floor four. Then three, then two came by in a flash.

Suspiciously, the guards did not raise their guns at them. Instead they blankly ran behind them making it even more nerve racking than it should have been.

Each step up caused more fear to fill up in him.

Granger grasped his wrist glancing back at the guards and opened a door that was on floor two.

"What are you doing!"

"Hiding!" Granger looked around the break room, she ran directly to a bookshelf and slid it to the right.

There wasn't much in there, no hidden room but rather a small own space that could hide a single person in.

She shoved Draco into one of the room's closets."Stay here, if you find that they catch me. Do not leave this room, no matter what."