Chapter 15.5 - Run From You

Chapter 15.5- Run From You

Draco couldn't sleep

Draco couldn't sleep. All that would appear were pure nightmares. Nightmares filled with a woman woth brown bushy hair. A soft intelligent voice with a half-hearted smile.

Without a doubt a part of him still held onto her. Lingered in her comforting smell, her tiny acts of kindness that dearly reminded him of home.

The wind passed harshly.

Draco shivered. The wind actually fighting to dare try to sleep in its presence. Draco took a peek at the now sleeping male near him. He watched as his body swayed in his upright sitting position before looking away. Just ignore him, as he has you.

He pushed his hands together and set them in between his thighs to warm them.

Again, he hadn't thought of home in a long time. He let himself divulge into his thoughts once more. He wondered if the birds had begun to move into the trees back home. Did everyone return?  Did Pansy, and Blaise group together? Had they survived? Was there even still a place to call home?

Yes, there has to be. He thought, shutting his eyes tightly. You have to remember your purpose here Draco.

His nails dug ten crescents into his palms. "Shit," he snapped his eyes open, released the tension in his hands between his thighs.

He dared not to look at them in fear that he would anger himself at his weakness.

"So weak and pathetic you are Draco." He spoke aloud to himself, no longer denying this. "Your people are dead. They scream at you and here you lie...on the dirt ground with the enemy."

He trembled this time. Not from the cold but from his anger at his weak pathetic self. He allowed himself to sit up and stare at the dimming fire. "My purpose...",he snapped his eyes at Harry Potter,"...is for you and your people to die."

Grey eyes traveled back to the male.

"Kill him, kill him now." The wind whispers in his ears.

"For us." A child-like voice takes its place as it whispered.

A tear slid down his pale cheek. A trembling hand brushing it off to clear his line of vision. "I cannot."

"Why...why...", it whispers again.

"It is not time yet." He watches the last of the fire, turning away from Potter.

The wind did not answer back. It diminishes just as quickly as the fire had.

He was left alone. In the darkness, with his thoughts. There was no one here besides him. Its was him and him alone. Perhaps just as it should have always been. How it will end for himself.

No one could ever be with him. No one could ever stand long enough by his side. No one could ever...

Just then Potter mumbled in his sleep. Taking Draco away from his dark thoughts.

Sleep, sleep now. His last thought comes to life.

So he did.

Draco took one last peek at Potter, his conscious dipping before the next morning came.

Happy Holidays! :)

Happy Holidays! :)