A New Beginning

⚠️ Warning ⚠️ there is mentions of torture, cutting, dismembering, and other dark themes throughout this part. Please read at your own caution

"Natsu hurry it up! They're going to catch us!" A girl yelled. A boy was on the other side of her holding a body of a girl limp between them. They each had one of her arms around their shoulders and dragged her to what they hoped to be a safe place.

"I'm sorry Tsubaki! I'm trying, but her arms and legs are heavy!" The boy scrunched up his face as he complained.

"Shush! They're close" Tsubaki hushed. She slapped a gloved hand over his mouth as they hid behind a thick tree as the other ninja ran past them.

"We need to get her back! Spread out" A loud voice commanded.

"It's Shion. Damn. She has at least 10 other ninja with her" Tsubaki hissed. She pulled the brown cloak she was wearing further over her face.

"I think we should hurry. Seibara can't hold out much longer" Natsu whispered worriedly. Tsubaki looked around with a troubled expression between Natsu and the forest where the other ninja were hunting them.

"I'll carry the limbs. You grab her body and we might be able to loose them" Tsubaki thought aloud. Natsu nodded his head and grabbed the unconscious females body and slung it over his back while he handed Tsubaki the bag he was previously carrying.

The two of them took off as fast as they could towards the nearest village. One or two ninja managed to find them, but with a few skillfully thrown shuriken, they were taken out and the three of them managed to escape.

The two consious ninja threw the hoods of heir cloaks back to reveal their hair and face. Tsubaki had long black hair that was wavy, but not necessarily curly, that fell to the middle of her back. Her face was and oval shape with a small nose and naturally narrowed pink eyes. Under her right eye were three birthmarks in a line going down her face.

The male had very similar features to the female, but had short pink hair with a widows peak hairline. His eyes were a deep shade of green, the color of healthy grass was the best way to describe it.

"I think we're safe for a now. We need to find this Tsunade person. Seibara doesn't have much time left" Natsu furrowed his brows and adjusted her body on his back.

"We know she's around here somewhere. She has to be or else our searching and her prolonged suffering meant nothing" Tsubaki stated firmly. Natsu nodded with newfound determination as the two of them continued on. The first thing they did was go to the gambling house in the village they were at.

"No! Let's go again!" A feminine voice yelled. The two of them shared a look before rushing towards the crowd of people.

"Excuse me!" Tsubaki yelled. Everyone turned towards her, except for a blonde woman who was staring at the table.

"Are you Tsunade?" She asked. The woman still didn't turn around, but addressed them.

"And who are you? Do I owe you something?" She grumbled.

"We need your help" Tsubaki stated. The woman waved them away.

"Seibara told us that you would help us." Natsu said a bit shyly.

"I don't know anyone like that. Now leave. I'm about to win"

"Chikako" Tsunade went stiff at the name that fell from Tsubaki's lips. Her hands slammed on the gambling table and she stood up with enough force to make her chair tumble behind her.

"What do you have to do with her?" Tsunade grumbled.

"You need to heal her. It's something only you can do" Tsubaki answered.