A New Beginning

Time seemed to stop for Chikako in her cell. The only indication of it being her own flowing thoughts. No wind, or light, was spared.

During the beatings she would get, Chikako kept to herself. It seemed Sayako could only visit that once. Although it was risky, Chikako finally came up with a plan on how to escape.

As the man who beats her opened the door Chikako used her chakra and brute strength to rip the chains off, freeing her hands. Next, she ripped the nails right out of the ground to free her feet with the cost of her finger nails. Pushing back a small grunt of pain, Chikako sprinted forwards and slammed the large man's head into the stone wall leaving a large indent. As she let go of his body it fell limp to the ground. She grabbed the keys from his belt and let herself out of the cell.

She ran down a long hallway occasionally needing to take someone out along the way. However, it seemed she was in some kind of maze. Certain halls would lead to dead ends and others would just create a circle back to her cell.

Chikako activated her sharingan to make sure it wasn't some kind of genjutsu, which it wasn't. Soon enough shouts of the news of her escape could be heard no matter where she went. Deciding it was more important to escape, Chikako began just using the rasengan over and over again to break wall after wall.

Eventually she came to the end of the wall only to found dirt. They were underground. The hope she had in her heart sank as every guard in the maze jumped on her. Despite the countless number of enemies, Chikako did her best to fight, but in the end was knocked out.

As her eyes opened, she was met with darkness. Blinking her eyelids a few times to make sure they were actually open, Chikako deduced that she was back in her cell. Shaping her hands into fists and pulling, it seemed that the shackles were even tighter than last time. In addition to that she had a collar around her neck which only let her move it so much.

Just as she began getting her ground again the door to her cell slammed open.

"You snake! How dare you try to escape. You killed ten of my shinobi in the process! As you receive this punishment, remember what you did." Chichia grabbed a large blade and slammed it into Chikako's wrist. Said female hissed in pain and bit her lower lip. Swing after swing, Chichia would cut into her wrist until finally it fell to the ground uselessly. Her pale and scarred arms fell from the chain and limply to her side.

Chikako lifted her stub to her chest as she tried to dull the pain if even a little. Her head was beginning to spin and her eyes could no longer focus even on what the light shined upon. As Chichia began cutting Chikako's other hand off blood dripped down her chin from the force of her teeth against it. Her teeth were almost touching; Only a thin layer of skin holding her lip in place.

The second of her hands fell to the ground and just like before, her stump slipped from the chains. Her partially conscious body fell to the ground as blood pooled around her.

Two female guards rushed up to her, most likely after getting a signal from Chichia, and grabbed her stubs. They held them over two large buckets and allowed blood to fill them up.

Once the buckets were almost over flowing Chichia and the two females left her cell. As the cruel old woman walked down the hall Chikako could hear her yelling about getting new restraints so her arms would be restricted even without her hands that now sit on the ground beside her.

The door opened once more revealing a worried looking Tsubaki. She not only had a tray of food with her, but also medical supplies. What surprised Chikako most was that following Tsubaki was none other than Natsu.

As Tsubaki worked on one arm, Natsu worked on tending to the other.

"I can't believe they would do this to you! Are you alright? Please be alive Seibara! Natsu yelled with overwhelming worry laced in his voice. Chikako was breathing in heavy pants and as she lifted her head, he could see all of the other damage that had been done to her in the single month Chikako had been in her cell.