A New Beginning

Seibara made her way through the familiar halls and picked lock after lock until finally she made it to the old lady's office. It was still dark outside despite how long it took her to get to where she was. Moving her hands with speedy precision, she dug through every file she could. Within a few minutes, a file labelled 'Seibara' was in her hands.

With the file set on the ground, she opened it and began skimming through whatever she could. All it talked about on the first few pages in the ritual and how to prepare and execute it. Reading the disturbing details made her stomach churn with unease.

Not only did she learn about the sacrifices that were needed to awake her, she also learned she died and was brought back to life. Were the things see sees with the strange people from her old life? Seibara always thought they were just dreams. Her eyes widened in horror.

The next page in the file seemed to be about the bloodletting.

"What are you doing?" Seibara jumped and shut the file closed. It seemed that she didn't have any time to read about why she needs to spill her own blood.

"I-uh was looking for Chichia. I know it's late but I had a few questions for her" The females heart beat wildly in her chest and she turned around. The person was none other than Lady Chichia's granddaughter, Sayako Chichia. This wasn't good.

The pink haired girl had hardly ever come in contact with Sayako. The female was usually working beside her grandmother, but stayed in the office during the bloodletting ceremony. Her pink eyes glowed dangerously in the darkness as the moonlight lit her smirking face. Her lips were plump and the pink rouge she wore on them only made them look prettier. Her eyes were wide but calculating. Her aura held a dominant and sexy sense. Sayako was the most sought-after female in the clan due to her beautiful looks.

"You should know Nan is asleep right now. You couldn't wait until morning?" The girl mocked lightly. Seibara swallowed past the lump in her throat as she tried to answer.

"Sorry." Was all the female could muster.

"Sorry for what? Sneaking in Nan's office despite the numerous locked doors, or reading top secret information about the clan?" Sayako crossed her arms and popped out her hip. Damn, she had been caught.

"I just wanted to know more about myself. I didn't mean to" Seibara acted as innocent and guilty as she could. Not responding to her excuses, Sayako walked past her and sat down in her grandmother's chair. She propped her elbows up on the table and laced her fingers before laying her head down upon them. Pink eyes pierced Seibara's body as she stood there holding the file behind her back.

"What do you think about my grandmother? Be honest. I don't appreciate being lied to. I'll let those earlier ones go if you speak the truth now" Sayako half ordered. Seibara dropped her shy expression to her blank, neutral face.

"The woman keeps to many secrets. I don't take lightly to being taken advantage of. I may not remember anything, but that doesn't mean I lost my personality from before I died it seems" Seibara noted coldly. Sayako let out a small, deep chuckle at her words.

"So, you read that part? Yes, you were revived from your previous life after you died at an early age. It took us decades to track you down. From there it was all a matter of getting you in our hands. Luckily you died early and we were able to take your body from your grave" Sayako explained a bit. Seibara just stood there silently.

"Why are you telling me this? When you tell your grandmother about this, I'm as good as dead." Seibara shot back. Another low chuckle left the girls lips.

"Who said Nan needs to hear about this? How about we make a deal with one another?" Sayako offered. Not having any other option at the moment, Seibara decided to hear the other out.

"What if I said I wanted to be the leader of the Rose clan? I'm the only one left in my family outside of my Nan. Even so she wants to pass the clan over to someone else. I can't' accept that. I'll lead the clan and we won't have to hide or go to war with the rest of the world." Sayako shared her ambitions.

"You want to know more about the village and no doubt your past life, and I want to lead the clan. You are the Seibara, the only person who can help me with this, and I can give you all the information you want. How about it? Is it a deal?" Sayako extended her hand to the standing girl in front of her.

"Even as the Seibara I don't have any power. How can I help you in this state?" The pink haired girl asked.

"My Nan is the only reason you have no power. You had extremely amazing powers in your past life, and although you might not have them anymore, you still have more than any average person. Nan isn't teaching you properly so you won't rise against her" Her words made perfect sense, but were they true?

"How can I trust you? A mutual goal doesn't mean betrayal can't happen." Seibara added.

"You don't have any other option at the moment. It's either work with me or suffer the consequence. You'll just have to trust me" Sayako's hand was still extended towards Seibara. Her mismatched eyes looked at her well-manicured hands before taking it.

"It's a deal." Seibara spoke.

"It's nice working with you Chikako Hatake-Uchiha" Sayako's slick smile slightly unnerved her, but this was the best option at the moment.