A New Beginning

According to Tsubaki a few months had passed since Chikako was thrown in the Dark Room. After her arms were cut off, she learned all that she was able to do was stop the bleeding. Natsu and Tsubaki had to once again tend to her wounds.

By now Chikako's clothes were tattered to the point that they were more in the way that useful. This made Natsu nervous the first few times, but he eventually got used to it. Once he studied her broken body, he understood that he needed to be healed no matter the cost.

"I need to escape. My body can't handle much more of this" Chikako reasoned as they wrapped her eye. Due to another weak escape attempt, Lady Chichia had Chikako's pink eye gouged out saying how she didn't deserve it.

"What happens if you fail again?! You'll actually die!" Tsubaki scolded. Chikako shook her head.

"I know I won't because this time I won't be the only one. I need you both to go see Sayako. You need to make sure no one is around. She's the key to this plan" Chikako explained.

"Sayako! As in Sayako Chichia?" Tsubaki exclaimed. Chikako nodded.

"I didn't want to get either of you involved with this, but I don't have another choice. That night I went out in the middle of the night I actually snuck into Chichia's office and found a file. I wanted to know more about the Seibara and the weird dreams I was having."

"You did what?" Natsu shouted worriedly.

"Sayako ended up finding me and we made a deal from then on. If I were to help her become the leader of the Rose clan, she would tell me everything I wanted to know and teach me jutsu. Once I regained my memories the second part of the deal was forfeited and she just tried to get me as much information as she could. She's on our side." Chikako assured.

"When you go and talk to her, I need you to ask a favor for me. Tell her I need her to first find a woman named Tsunade Senju without anyone else knowing. As well as for her to make sure we have a map with this placed labelled on it when I escape. Both of them are really important" Chikako said.

"Who's this Tsunade person?" Tsubaki asked.

"She was the Hokage of the hidden leaf while I was still alive. She was one of the best medical shinobi in the world. I don't expect to come out of this unscathed. Although Natsu is making amazing progress on his medical jutsu, he cannot reattach limbs" She explained.

"So, when you leave, you're going to need your hands and arms?' Natsu asked. He had been taking care of them for future purposes just like this one. He had also grabbed her encrypted journal of her memories she kept.

"So, you're planning to escape and these two are helping you huh?" A new voice piped in. It was one of the guards that stood in front of her cell. In a panic, she activated her sharingan and put her into a genjutsu.

"Damn. We need to get rid of her" Chikako hissed.

'We can just take her out of here" Natsu offered. Chikako shook her head.

"That won't work. I know this is a lot, but I need you to do me a favor..."

"Guards! The prisoner killed another guard! Come help me restrain her!" Tsubaki yelled. The guard's body on of the floor right in front of Chikako with his throat ripped out. Natsu had already fled the scene so he won't be suspected of any involvement. Chichia already knows that Chikako cares about him.

The guards came running in the cell only to see Tsubaki cut the last layer of skin of Chikako's tongue. The knife was put in her pocket as she held Chikako's severed tongue.

"Get him out of here. I'll go report to Lady Chichia about the incident." Chikako was manhandled without much of a fight back into a gag and her restraints. During this whole struggle the wounds on her shoulders and her missing eyes reopened and were dripping puddles of blood. With the addition of the other injuries from the other beatings and lashing, she looked like something out of a horror book. She was truly revolting to look at.

Animalistic growls left Chikako's mouth and she struggled against her chains. After her second escape attempt, they changed her chains to a special material that would cancel out any chakra she tried to use, so using jutsu was out of the question.

Time flew by and her door flew open. By this point it was something she was used to. A person she had never seen before slapped her across the face allowing the blood that had been polling in her mouth from the gag escape and spread on the wall.

"By Lady Chichia's orders I am to make you unable to do anything on your own. Your arms, eye, and tongue are gone. All that's left is your legs. I suppose that will have to do. If the Rose of Kana wasn't almost red, you would be killed" The girl hissed. She grasped Chikako's now long hair and pulled her head back. Tears gathered in Chikako's eye from the pain.

Her useless body was them thrown to the ground and the female used a sharp kunai to cut her legs off cleanly at the knee in a single blow for each one. After hours more of being beaten in and out of consciousness, the female finally left leaving Chikako lifeless on the ground, doing whatever she could to close the gaping leg wounds she had now in addition to the others.

A muffled chuckle left her lips as she almost laughed at the state, she was in. She wasn't sure if Lady Tsunade could even heal her at this point. Those back at the leaf village would be mortified to see her like this. Maybe...

No! She promised herself that she would see them one more time even if it killed her. Whether they actually see her doesn't matter.

Her mind wandered from memory to memory of her life. She wondered how the kids were? When she helped Iruka at the academy she taught the youngest class. They were all around 6 when she died. It was the beginning of a new school year to. According to the date she died almost five whole years ago. That mean they all only have two more years before they become Genin. She has faith that every one of them could make it as a shinobi. They were taught by Iruka and herself after all.

Chikako had officially been in the prison cell for 8 months. Now that her tongue was cut off it was much harder to communicate her plan to the others. All they knew was Natsu and Tsubaki were going to escape with her. There was no other way Chikako could make it. After her tongue was cut off Sayako, Natsu, and Tsubaki became in charge of the planning. Chikako was kept in the loop, but otherwise couldn't do much.

After another month passed, they had located Tsunade. Now that they knew where she was it would be easier to find her once they escape. The blonde woman didn't stay in one place for very long.

Everything was almost in motion. At the end of the week there will be a ceremony where the whole town will be gathered inside the temple with the exception of only a few people.

During this ceremony Natsu and Tsubaki would sneak out and knock out all of the guards along the way. They had a map of the maze-like halls even though they both know their way through. It was just in case of an emergency. While Tsubaki freed Chikako, Natsu would grab all of her limbs and tongue. Sadly, they weren't able to save her eye because it was scooped out in multiple pieces, but they made sure to save everything else. They kept the limbs perfectly preserved in a cave of ice a few miles away from the village. Seeing as the whole village was surrounded by woods, it would be rather easy to get at least a bit of a head start on the troops as long as they set a few traps that would confuse the others.

Meanwhile, Sayako be tasked with finding Chikako. It was her job to keep them off their trail after they escape. The female had been secretly gathering her own elite shinobi group that she would continue to grow as time goes on.

The next few days passed and each one of them prepared in their own way. Chikako had long since been learning how to create arms and legs out of the little chakra she has. Although she couldn't actually use them outside of her body, Chikako was very in tune with her body and the chakra inside of it. Being stuck in darkness with limited use of her other senses really helped her hone her chakra control. They could all only hope it works when the time comes.