01| a girl and a boy can't be just friends

Kian is the pettiest bitch I know

When we were kids, I took the swing in the middle because it was the best one. The chains weren't rusty or old so I could swing extremely high.

I sat on it. Not even two seconds later, I landed on my butt because a petty bitch pulled my pigtails.

Yup, that petty bitch is Kian Grey. Also known as the messiest guy in the world. I don't even know how I tolerated him for all these years considering I'm a clean freak.

Anyway, I have a friend named, Mackenzie—I like to call her Mack.

See, she once told me something that stuck with me, just because of how ridiculous it sounds.

"A girl and a boy can't be just friends."

Mack dated her best friend—who's also my friend, Penny Brooks. They swore they never liked each other like that, but that's obviously a lie. Anyone who watches animals mate with each other in National Geographic will know that they do like each other like that.

Once they realized that both of what they said are bullshit, they decided to give it a try. Apparently, according to Penny, it was the best thing ever to have your best friend be your girlfriend.

Well. After Thanksgiving? It was no longer the best thing ever. Not only did they stop dating, but they sure as hell aren't best friends anymore.

So yeah, now both of my friends hate each other. No, seriously, Mack has murder in her eyes whenever Penny comes in her vicinity.

But, ladies and gentlemen, I'm here to tell you that, what Mack said is complete and utter bullshit.

It's been twelve years since petty bitch Kian pulled my pigtails and we're still best friends. And I'm not talking about the type of best friends like Mack and Penny.

Please, everyone knew about the hots Penny had for Mack.

Kian and I? It's bros before hoes. To him, I'm a guy without a dick. And to me, he's a guy with a vagina.

And the most mind-boggling—as stated by Mack—is that there's nothing going on between us. Absolutely platonic.

It's not some half-assed platonic type of relationship. It's actually platonic.

Trust me, it is possible for a guy and a girl to be friends. Or in our case, best friends. No romantic feelings. No naive proclamation bullshit with the I don't like him like that. Nada. Nope. Nu-uh.

In fact, I'm comfortable enough to say that Kian is sexy. Yup, there it is. I mean, look at the guy. He has dark hair and green eyes. Fit physique. And those abs, man, Jeezus-Christ. Lucky for me, I get to see them even though we established a rule about having shirts on in the kitchen.