¹⁴detonation

爆発 || detonation

爆発 || detonation

          PLASTIC BAG CRINKLED AGAINST THE CHAIR

          PLASTIC BAG CRINKLED AGAINST THE CHAIR. It was loaded with assorted snacks that they both decided to buy after encountering a convenience store.

At a newly installed ice cream parlor, Mikey's hand spread over the chilled glass; the variety of ice cream flavors were casting a charm on him.

"Here you go!" the worker extended their hand, giving the red bean flavored ice cream to Mikey, and the [flavor] one to her.

Its coldness numbed her tongue, sending chills to her already-cold body. "Guard my items for me. I'll go to the bathroom real quick," she asked for a favor, leaving her phone on the table.

"Mkay," he replied, not bothering to halt devouring his ice cream.

RING!

One ring and his eyes set on the caller ID. Reaching for her phone, he glided the green button to accept the call. It might be important, so he didn't mind doing it, nor did he think she'd mind.

Before even getting to say something, the person on the other line spoke up, their voice coming out coldly. "[surname], let's meet up tomorrow at Yoyogi Kaikan."

Their tone per se was already threatening, let alone the words that rolled off their tongue. And Yoyogi Kaikan—it's an abandoned building. His brows creased, wondering why the hell they would want to meet [name] in an abandoned building.

"Make sure you're alone." the person on the other line paused, puffing out smoke. "You and your shitty brother will be the reason for our downfall. So if you don't want this to go any further, then comply."

"..." With that, the phone began emitting a continuous flatline.

[name]'s figure came to his view as she walked towards her seat. "Hi."