¹⁶trapped

陥穽 || trapped

陥穽 || trapped

          ONLY A SOFT RAY OF LIGHT ENTERED HER IRISES

          ONLY A SOFT RAY OF LIGHT ENTERED HER IRISES. Pupils dilating from the lack of light, piled up rubbles greeted her; she's caged and trapped.

[name] woke up huddled on the frigid ground, a shirt wrapped tightly on her forearm. Blood seeped through the cloth, explaining why it was throbbing in pain. It hadn't hurt at first, but now that the injury had come to her knowledge, the discomfort slowly ran through her veins.

Fully withdrawing from her confused state and embarking on reality, she remembered Mikey protecting her from the falling debris, meaning he's stuck with her right now.

Adjacent to her sat a shirtless Mikey, his back inclined on the rough barricade. His head was lolling downwards as he succumbs to sleep. No wounds seemed to be on him—that's good.

She feebly struggled to redeem her futile attempts on standing up, but the stinging on the wound gradually became familiar to her by the second, letting her move loosely.

A gap between rocks and rubbles let some shaft of light from a lamp illuminate where they are.

From her pocket, she took out her phone. But the moment her eyes landed on the unfilled signal bars devastated her, crushing what's left of her hope.

Would they find them? If so, would they have done that when she's nothing but a carcass?

She's worrying more about Mikey who did nothing but help a liar, and now he ended up in a life or death situation with the liar herself.

Nevertheless, she thought it might've only been flickering, so there's a chance that the signal will come back even for a second.

"Chifuyu, Mikey's alive. We're trapped right now...Please tell them." she uttered through the phone, the microphone catching the subtle trembling of her voice.

The message went straight to Chifuyu's voicemail. The only thing left to do is to hope it'll go through once the signal comes back.

Shoulders slumping, her nails dug into her legs, transmitting all her pent distress and guilt with physical pain. Her lips shuddered uncontrollably, fearing that she can't reverse her mistakes.