𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

結語 || epilogue

結語 || epilogue

          STARLIT JEWEL ADORNED UPON THE RINGS OF SATURN

STARLIT JEWEL ADORNED UPON THE RINGS OF SATURN. Crystalline gem, like one with the galaxy, drowned in the shadows inside a ring box, awaiting for strings of light to seep inside.

Underneath the shade of a tree, or at least what's left of its fragile branches did Mikey stand while fidgeting on the ring box. The living woods whose roots connected to the earth caught the descending snowflakes.

The blond let out a stagnant breath. He's about to visit [name] today and give her the promise ring. He wanted to see the ornate ring wrap around her finger.

The surgeons had dissected the bullet from her body, patching her up until her wounds close. Now she's currently resting, void of any troubles.

Granted, now they could fulfill their promise to be an official couple after all the hardships.

Perhaps a more peaceful love they have for each other can bloom afterward; that's what they had epitomized, thus, it is undoubtedly peaceful now.

Mikey had hoped that their lives would be encapsulated in serenity and would finally be quiet, and that wish has been granted. All those difficulties of hers would be silenced, but how come...

How come...

How come she, too, is also quiet? Too quiet in a white silken dress, resting in her casket.

Heart clenching, Mikey suppressed a groan thinking how [name] is gone.

The surgery failed. They thought she'd be fine, and that's what he thought, too. Doctors might've dissected the damned bullet from her body, yet it was too late. Even if it didn't hit her heart, it did puncture her arteries.

Dying on him like that was a poor game. Who knew that after everything they've been through, all that ends in one little, unexpected failure? Just right after the day they made amends, fate decided to be ignorant, laughing at their pathetic faces.

Unbidden visages of [name], her [h/c] tresses still alive and floating midair materialized in his mind. She may be dead, but she forever lives in his heart. She will always be his as he is hers.

Sweet yet bitter; how ironic.

It forever felt like a fault in his actions of not being able to see through her enigmas like glass. And that pained Mikey even more.

He hasn't even said he loves her, or rule Toman with him, or share their years together. She betrayed him, loved him then left him all alone.

But none of that mattered anymore.

Moisture glazed his black irises, but no, Mikey does not cry in front of people nor does he display his vulnerability so easily. Maybe he shouldn't have attended her funeral.

All his life, he has been branded as someone not compatible as a lover. In platonic ways, yes, he's a true friend, but not like the way he loved her.

Words were engraved into the slab of tombstone, crowned with snow.

Clad in all black, all her friends swarmed her coffin as they shed tears. Wails resonated every so often. With an unpigmented rose in their hands, they offered it to her lifeless body, in a futile attempt to soothe their grief.

Over the unstopping flow of time, it will all eventually be forgotten. Their mourning would simply be an unpleasant past.

Clouded eyes fogged with teary mist followed Mikey's footsteps as he makes himself stand before his lover's casket, his back behind everyone. Inaudible gasps formed behind him as he pulled a velvet box.

A diamond, just like crystalized ice reflected the vestiges of this cold winter. Mikey slipped the promise ring on her dainty finger. It felt so right to do that, but why does her hand feel so cold?

"Until next time [name]-chin. I really love you." finally, he whispered to her otherwise warm soul, and turned around to leave the venue.

In which [name] regrets going undercover and pranking the invincible Mikey.

In which [name] regrets committing crimes by herself, just to be with Mikey in the end.

They did everything despite the danger their names carried. They prevailed in love just so they could call each other as theirs.

How pitiful to have gone through their bond so fast then vanished just as quickly. Mikey and [name], strong fighters and great leaders, and above all else, were overthrown by fate.

The end.