Chapter 2

"Sofia." The name echoed in his mind.

Taking a deep breath to steady himself, he smiled gently at her and said, "My name is Alessandro Rossi, bambino."

Despite his imposing presence, there was a softness in his eyes. Sofia felt an unexpected sense of safety in his arms.

Breaking the silence, Alessandro asked, "Would you allow me to do a DNA test?"

"W... why d... do you want to do a D... DNA t... test?" she stuttered.

"Because I think I'm your brother, tesoro. I will explain everything once the tests are done, if that's okay with you."

She hesitated but then nodded. Alessandro immediately called for the doctor, his voice firm and commanding. Blood samples were taken from both of them. As they waited, Alessandro's exterior remained calm and collected, but inside, he was a whirlwind of impatience and hope. He was convinced she was his sister and couldn't help but feel a mix of stress and happiness. Sofia, on the other hand, felt scared but excited, holding on to faint memories of her family, especially her favorite brother.

Minutes felt like hours until the doctor returned to Sofia's room, his expression serious. "Mr. Rossi, congratulations. You have just found the long-lost princess of the Rossi family."

Alessandro's composure broke into a smile as tears welled up in his eyes. He rushed to Sofia's side, hugging her with a fierce protectiveness. She cried from the shock but felt a strange certainty that this was meant to happen, experiencing happiness for the first time in years.

" I am so happy I found you bambino, I missed you a lot" he said while hugging her protectively.

"Sandro, does this mean we will live together?" she asked, her voice small and hopeful.

"Yes, la mia stella."

He added, "I'll let you rest now. Tomorrow, we're going to Italy, to our home, okay, sorella?"

She nodded happily, her heart full.

After Alessandro left the room, Sofia started crying again, overwhelmed by a mix of fear and excitement. She was afraid of the unknown but happy to have escaped the horror she had faced for over ten years.

Alessandro's POV:

I was beyond happy. I hadn't seen my sister for ten years, and now, after so much pain and searching, I was finally reunited with her. I needed to contact my father and tell him the news immediately.

Papà: "Sì, figlio?"

 (Yes, son?)

Sandro: "Papà, non crederai a quello che ho scoperto oggi!" 

(Dad, you won't believe what I discovered today!)

Papà: "Chi?"

 (Who?)

Sandro: "Ho trovato Sofia, papà. Ho trovato la nostra principessa. Finalmente l'ho trovata!"

 (I found Sofia, Dad. I found our princess. I finally found her!)

Papà: "COSA??? SEI SICURO CHE È LEI? ALESSANDRO, SE STAI SCHERZANDO TI METTO SOTTO TERRA!" 

(WHAT??? ARE YOU SURE IT'S HER? ALESSANDRO, IF YOU'RE JOKING I WILL PUT YOU SIX FEET UNDER!)

Sandro: "Papà, quando mai ho scherzato? Giuro che l'ho trovata. La porterò domani in Italia. Ho fatto un test del DNA per essere sicuro ed è risultato positivo. È lei!"