Chapter 5

Sofia's POV:

I was extremely shocked by my family's reaction. I thought they would throw me out for being desperate and a stupid child, but instead, they all surrounded me with loving words, hugs, and kisses.

Everyone was there, listening to me with angry faces, though they controlled their anger to avoid scaring me. 

Despite their support, I couldn't shake the urge to find Phoenix and ask him why he was treating me so poorly.

But I was terrified of him. Yes, terrified of my own brother.

Trying to clear my mind, I went to the garden. The air was filled with the scent of roses, and I sat on the swing, reading one of my favorite books, "Confess" by Colleen Hoover. I put on some relaxing music in my earphones, hoping to soothe my troubled mind.

After a few minutes, someone patted my shoulder forcefully. 

Startled, I quickly turned around, only to see Phoenix. Thank God. But his face was twisted in anger. I removed my earphones and asked gently, "Yes, do you need something?"

He rolled his eyes and snapped, "Why are you here? You're sitting on my swing, you brat."

His words stung. 

I breathed in and out, trying to push away the images of my abuse that started flooding back. I gathered my book and phone, stood up, and said, "I'm sorry for taking your place. I didn't mean it."

Phoenix sneered, "Just shut up and leave. Don't ever sit there again. And leave this house too. You don't belong here. You're just a burden to everybody, so do us a favor: take your things and get the hell out of here."

Tears welled up in my eyes and began to fall. I quickly turned away and rushed upstairs to my room, crying. Once inside, I closed the door behind me and collapsed onto the floor, sobbing uncontrollably.

I hate my life.

I wish i could die right now. 

Third person's POV:

Sofia was unable to bear the emotional pain any longer, she turned to self-harm.

 It started with a single cut on her arm, a desperate attempt to control the pain inside her. 

The physical pain was a distraction, something she could manage. It was a release, however fleeting.

But it quickly spiraled out of control. She found myself cutting two more, 

 She knew it was wrong, that it wouldn't truly help, but she felt trapped in a cycle she couldn't break.

As she pressed the blade against her skin once more, ready to make another cut, a sudden knock on the door startled her.

Before she could react, the door swung open, revealing her brother's Ryan concerned face. 

He had heard her sobs and had come to check on her.

His eyes widened in horror as he took in the scene before him. 

Sofia lay on the floor, her arm bloodied and trembling, the blade still clutched in her hand. 

Without hesitation, he rushed to her side, dropping to his knees beside her.

"Sofia!" he exclaimed, his voice thick with panic. "What have you done?"

But Sofia couldn't find the words to respond. The pain, both physical and emotional, was too overwhelming. She could only sob as her brother frantically tried to stem the bleeding.