Chapter 3

Phoenix's POV

My sister stood before me, a vision of returned hope, but beneath my relief lay a storm of guilt and fear. It had been a decade since I last saw her, and in that time, the weight of my failure pressed upon me.

Tears threatened me as I struggled to contain my emotions. How could I face her, knowing my own weakness had led to her suffering? With a glance, I hoped she'd understand the turmoil within me, but it only seemed to deepen her pain.

She needed to leave, for her safety and our own. Yet, as my mind raced for a solution, a reckless idea formed. Maybe a harsh word would drive her away, sparing her from further harm.

"Why the hell is she here?" I blurted out, the words tasting bitter on my tongue. The hurt in her eyes pierced through me, but I hardened my resolve. It was for her good, I told myself, though it felt like a betrayal.

 She had tears and lowered her head and sniffed. 

Everyone looked at me furiously and Papa said " Phoenix you better apologize right now to your sister", I made an eye roll but my brother Luca slapped my head with a stern look. 

It hurt me how I was treating her, I wanted to go to her and hug her and kiss her face like I used to do to her when we were kids. But I can't, I have to protect her.

 I then replied to Papa " Why should I apologize to her, she's not even my sister. I don't want her back in my life, she will ruin everything once again."

I then added, "She's better off dead."

Everyone gasped, and Sofia's cries were more and more heard and that broke my heart into a million pieces 

Before I said anything else, I was punched by my brother Ryan who started to fight me while screaming at me to not talk to her in that way 

I was bleeding but I didn't care, it's not like it's my first time

But what caught my eye was Sofia's flinch. Why the hell did she even flinch for?

Alessandro then said in his authoritative voice " Enough boys knock it off right now"

Sofia had no longer emotions on her face and that was breaking my heart, she said:" Please don't fight, he's right, can I please be excused?"

" No Sofia he's wrong but yes Bambina, of course, you can go. Get some  sleep in Giovanni's room until we get yours done, Gio please take her to your room and let her adjust." Papa said 

(POV ended)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 They made their way upstairs, Sofia settled into Giovanni's bed, her mind buzzing with thoughts.

"I love you, Sorella, so much," Giovanni confessed, eagerly awaiting her response, but she remained silent as he approached the door.

Just as he was about to shut it, Sofia's voice broke the silence, "I love you too, Gio," she whispered, and a smile crept onto his face.

Darkness soon claimed her as she drifted off to sleep.

Giovanni returned downstairs to find his brothers and father in a heated argument with Phoenix. Urgently, he hissed, "Shut up, all of you! Sofia is sleeping." Instantly, the room fell silent, everyone exhaling in relief.

Their father's disappointment was evident as he addressed Phoenix, "I can't believe you said this to her, Phoenix. You've always leaned and cried on her after she went missing.  Why are you doing this? I raised you to be a good man, not an asshole, especially to your family." 

Phoenix's chuckled, then abruptly ceased, as he retorted, "I don't give two shits."

 The response stunned everyone, as no one had ever dared to disrespect their papa in such a manner

As Nikolai wanted to reply 

A scream cut their father's last words. It was coming from Gio's room.

As the family rushed to Sofia's room, panic surged through them like a tidal wave.

 What could be happening to her? Was she in danger?

 Questions raced through their minds, each step heavier than the last as they reached her door.

They burst into the room to find Sofia caught in the grip of a nightmare, her desperate cries filling the air. 

Leo, her brother, approached her cautiously, his voice a gentle reassurance in the chaos.

"Hey, it's me, Leo. Open your eyes, amore. You're safe, it's just a bad dream," he murmured, his words a lifeline in the darkness.

Sofia's breathing was ragged as she struggled to regain control, her shirt revealing the bruises that marred her skin. Their father's anger flared at the sight, his protective instincts kicking into overdrive.

But as Sofia sat up and composed herself, arranging her shirt with trembling hands, the family's attention shifted to her. She took deep breaths, her eyes still haunted by the remnants of her nightmare.

"What happened? Did I wake you all up? I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to," Sofia's voice wavered with emotion, her vulnerability on full display.

"It's okay, baby. Are you alright?" Ryan's voice was filled with concern as he reached out to comfort her..

Sofia's POV:

 I fucking knew it. I knew that I would ruin everything like always. I'm just a burden, and no one will ever care for me or love me. I don't deserve any happiness. Of course, my flashbacks had to ruin my night just like every day." 

Tears welled up in my eyes as I screamed in my head

"I FUCKING HATEEEE YOU, SIR! I HATE YOU ALL! I HOPE YOU ROT IN HELL!"

 My thoughts were interrupted by my dad telling me to lift my shirt which made me go pale. 

Are they going to rape me like sir and his friends please no no no I just escaped from terror not again.

God please I started begging in my head. 

They said they love so they won't right??????

 No No they won't I'm sure. 

He's my papa he won't hurt me 

I think...

( POV ended)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" W...What do you mean by l..l...lift my shirt? Sofia stuttered 

 " Just lift it princess don't disobey me please, I just want to see something," her papa said in a calm voice but he was boiling in anger 

The rest of the family didn't dare to question him, since he hates it, and gets very mad.

Sofia:" N..no I don't want to please," she said with tears begging him to leave her alone.

"SOFIA DO IT RIGHT NOW" Alessandro screamed

Sofia started panicking and tears wouldn't stop coming down she had been petrified once again in her life and this time by her true family 

. She couldn't breathe, air wasn't reaching her lungs.

 She couldn't hear or see,  she started panicking and she was dizzy.

Her family was shaking her and telling her to calm down but she couldn't control it. 

It was a panic attack, she fainted.