History of the grey wardens.

Author note: This will be a basic timeline for the Grey wardens that I will continue to expand upon during this series.

The first blight.

-The first blight started on the continent of Africa when humans first left the garden of Eden and we're just trying to ensure their survival...
The blight came, it lasted for 100 years and spread across the whole of Africa, and the south of the continent of Asia.
Humanity had lost all hope...

Then the Grey wardens came, men and women from the lowest thieves to the highest kings the Grey wardens accepted all those who would help turn the tide of battle against the encroaching darkspawn.
The blight lasted for 5 more years before the Archdemon died in what would become the valley of kings. The Archdemon fell at the hands of the founder of the order Carinus, who became the first-ever Grey warden to end a blight, humanity and the world finally had a beacon of hope.

However the first blight left its scars on the earth, the main one being the Sahara desert where the fighting was thickest it left the land a barren wasteland.

The second blight.

- The second blight occurred during the height of the Mesopotamian civilization but only lasted for 10 years. This was due to the gods and mankind heeding the warning of the grey wardens so when the darkspawn horde marched on Uruk the United armies of the world were ready.

The name of the warden who killed the Archdemon Urnthemiel was lost but his deeds remained immortalised and so the wardens left the silent battlefields asking no reward or recognition for their sacrifice.

The tale of the grey wardens was published during the later rule of king Gilgamesh.

"When the Rulers of humanity stood with their untied armies as they watched the hordes of darkspawn march towards them, they covered the fields in dark shadows of corruption they could taste rot upon the air and see the sky turn sick and twisted.
When all hope was lost, the echo of beating wings followed by the bellowing of war horns as the wardens landed their mighty winged steeds between the darkspawn and humanity and shielded them with their might and when the battle was finished, the rulers of humanity realised that they had suffered no losses to their armies. Then the grey wardens left forever protecting the world from the blight."

The tale is a reflection of true events that have been fictionalised to display the selflessness of the order.

The third blight.

-The third blight happened after the grey wardens had established a global presence.
It took place on the continent of Oceania and the majority of the battles took place on the landmass that would become Australia.
The indigenous people assisted the wardens in ending the blight which only lasted for 8 years.
However, the blight was more aggressive towards the land as it left it scorched and barren.
The warden that ended this blight was called Warden Blackwall and he was awarded posthumously the Silverite wings of valour for his bravery and a statue of a griffon appeared in the indigenous capital in memory of the sacrifice.
After the third blight, the wardens started engraving their message into the walls of every fortress they held.
"In peace, Vigilance"
"In war, Victory"
"In death, Sacrifice"
These words have since become the motto of the grey warden order.

The fourth blight.

The fourth blight happened within the Roman empire it also took place 15 years after the third Blight, it lasted for 5 years, meaning the order was still recovering when the blight had cut a bloody swath across the Gaul and encroached on the capital of Rome.
The wardens made a successful defence of the city Lyons before the Romans pulled out in favour of defending the borders of Italy causing the extinction of the Roman battalion of grey wardens which was later called "the betrayal at Lyons" making it the Egyptian warden kario who defeated the Archdemon Toth in the defence of Rome. She was hailed as the most beautiful grey warden and was immortalised as a statue that watches Rome atop the Coliseum.
She also gained the title of "saviour of Rome" along with being called "the Rose of the order.
She was buried in the warden fortress in Rome in a tomb that to modern-day people leave offerings of food and Roses. They marked the day that ended the blight as a holiday for all of Rome and it has become a festival called "roses sacrifice".

The fifth and final Blight.

The final Blight was headed by the Archdemon Dumat who was called the Archdemon of silence.
He built his forces in silence as he was incredibly more intelligent than his predecessors, whilst this blight lasted for less than 1 year marking as the shortest blight, if the wardens located in Britain hadn't stopped it the world would have fallen to the blight.
The first battle of this blight was within the city of york it started when the darkspawn scouts rose out of the river Ouse that ran through the centre of the city when the scouts died the rest of the darkspawn horde attacked the city walls, they breached it on the western side before the warden captain y/n Cousland stood in the gap and slaughtered 2500 darkspawn so the citizens could escape he was awarded the Silverite wings of valour for his act bravery and selflessness.
The last battle of the 5th blight was at the warden fortress of Weisshaupt which was south of York it was here that the blight was stopped forever.
The warden who ended the blight was Sir y/n Cousland former knight of the Round table and last of the Cousland family. It was also the last known interaction between humans and griffons as it is thought that due to the blights the griffons went extinct however their slightly smaller cousins the hippogriff were still present.
After the blight The wardens proceeded to march through Mordred's stronghold, chanting of the sacrifice warden commander y/n Cousland had made however they were turned away from the gates of Camelot as the court was more concerned about the civil war leaving the king in the dark about her lover's death. Mordred mourned before continuing their civil war, then 2 months later the United Britain fell following the battle of Camlann.
The darkspawn were wiped out of existence in the following years, then the grey wardens vanished but they had left their mark on history.

Author note: this is the events of every blight, when and where they happened so other servants such as the Mesopotamian and the Roman servants know and respect the grey wardens.