十八

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

❛𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫❜

ENDLESS SPACE AND DARK VOIDS were the only appropriate things to describe what you were seeing. You couldn't even say if you were seeing. It was so dark that you might be closing your eyes.

You took a step forward. A feeling like lighting jolted through your entire being and you stopped, frozen by the sudden sensation. You were about to think of such strangeness when—

"You have forgotten."

A whisper rang through. It was distant, yet it felt as though it was right beside you, whispering to you in your ear. What made you tremble wasn't the quietness that was entailed after, nor the absolute darkness that surrounded you. It was the malice that laced the whispered words.

"You got to live, free from the consequences. You get to be free from the shackles of mountainous sins..."

Sins? You thought. The voice that you heard was not familiar. They were not the three ones that you usually hear.

It sounded like you more than anything.

It got louder, now to a speaking volume. "Carefree lives that you get to live, the shadows of your past never crawling back to you..."

A hand gripped your shoulder. Then your other shoulder.

"Be it family or not... Mercy was not a choice."

Your breath hitched and your heartbeat escalated.

Family...?

"And you stay clueless, past sins forgotten as though you never committed them..." The voice didn't hold any emotion behind it but you could guess the hatred it wanted to convey.

A hand grabbed your leg, another tightened around the other. You tried to pull away but they were firm. A rock-solid hold on your limbs, and you stood there as a prisoner with locked chains.

"Be it brought back. Be it glimpses or images, let it be brought back and see it. See your sacrilege."

Your head throbbed with indescribable pain and you doubled over, the hands gripping your preventing you from falling over. The pain was worse than when Akaza struck you, and that was painful enough.

This pain...!

Then the screams came.

Screeches, curses, wailings, groaning—you heard it all. They were screaming at you in unison, their words muddling and mixing.