Let me love you

"You can't love me" Corpse stood at his gaming room door. You looked at him like he was crazy. "What do you mean 'i can't love' you?! Corpse, we've been together for 1 1/2 years." He looked down, playing with his black fingernail polish. "I know. But, we went into this thing not that serious. You knew it would take time for me-" "and I'm giving you time. I'm not trying to rush you into Saying it back. I just thought you should know..." He looked back up, not knowing what to say. You both stood in silence for over 5 minutes. "You don't even have to say it back, Corpse. It's okay." He shook his head. "No. No it's not. You said you love me. As you said; we've been together for a year and a half and I'm still not ready to say the same" he sighed, leaning against the wall beside the door. "You don't have to though. It can take you years to say it back, as long as you know I do infact love you. Hell; you don't even have to say it back" you chuckled, trying to ease the tension. "But you've done so much for me, for us. I should be able to say it" Corpse wasn't frustrated at you. He was frustrated at himself. He really wanted to be able to say it back. He just didn't know if he could. But he also didn't want to say it and it end up being a lie. He did like you. Very much actually. He didn't feel like he was worthy enough to say it. She deserves better That thought clouded his mind most of the time. As much reassurance as he needed, she gave him. That made him think about it even more. "Corpse," he looked back up from his feet, looking at his girlfriend, who looked at him with soft eyes. "You don't have to love me back. Just please let me love you" He looked back at the floor. Neither of them knew what to say. Thoughts were running wild in his head. The thoughts that clouded y/n's mind, making her nauseous. Why isn't he saying anything? What if that was too much for him. I shouldn't have said anything! Y/n, you're an idiot! "forget I said anything...please." her voice was so soft. It broke him honestly. He felt like hes let her down. Why can't he just say it... He slowly nodded, turning to his gaming room. He opened the door, going in and closing the door softly. Y/n stayed. The thoughts still clouded her mind. I just messed everyting up. She just desided to let her mind at ease. They can talk about it when he's ready. She got her keys and wallet, walking out the apartment. Corpse had his head in his hands. A dinging from his phone caught his attention. He checked it; seeing Rae had texted, wondering if he wanted to play some games on stream. He agreed, deciding to streams aswell. At the beginning, he was quiet, like he always is. It didn't really worry anyone, at this point. Then he started laughing and joking around with Jack. He felt a little better. He was laughing at some stupid comment Felix made, getting caught off guard when Rae's voice came from his headphones. "So, how's Y/n?" His stomach dropped. It's not anything happened to you. He just didn't know how you were rn. He knew you were probably down. Because of him. "uh I-" his phone started ringing from beside him. He cursed himself for not turning it off before streaming. He turned it over checked the contact. Y/n's contact showed up. His brows furrowed. Answered it, totally forgetting to mute. "Hey" "hello. Is this Corpse?" His brows stayed furrowed. At the question and the unfamiliar voice. "Uh yes, this is he" "Ok, You were y/n's first emergency contacts. I just wanted to inform you that Y/n is in the hospital" He nearly dropped his phone. "F-for what?" "I'm sorry, sir, I can't tell you that over the phone. If you want to come see her, she's at the (insert hospital cuz idk)." He nodded, remembering they couldn't see him. "Uh yeah okay. I'll be there shortly. Thank you so much for calling me" "mhm, you're welcome sir. Have a nice day" they hung up. He just looked at his phone. He kept sitting there, until he realized he wasn't just gonna telaport to the hospital. He got up, looking for his keys. He found them, almost running out of the room. He ran back to his desk, Ending stream and telling everyone he had to go. They tried asking him questions but he hung up, logging out of everything and turning it off. He grabbed his phone and ran back out of the room. As he got to the door, his phone ring again. He answered it. "Hello?" He went to open the door. Before he could, his phone dropped. He froze. "Hello sir?" He slid down the door. "No no no no" his heart dropped. "No no that's not- not she's not- she can't be" "I'm sorry sir" the threw his head back, reaching over to end the call. His eyes filled with tears, flowing down his cheeks. She wasn't there to wipe them away. "Why?!" He started yelling, throwing anything in his sight far away. After about 30 minutes of just crying and yelling, he got up, trying to find his keys. He had to see you. How was he supposed to do this without you? You were the only thing keeping his sane. How's he going to tell everyone. You were a streamer too, millions of people are going to have to be told the news that just broke him.