'stiles'

Chapter four

'stiles'

✽✨

'Stiles'

That's what Lydia wrote the previous night when they visited Deaton. Well, she wrote 'mischief' a bunch of times but together it spelled out 'Stiles'.

'Stiles'

That name played on Flora's lips for the last ten hours and she couldn't get enough of it.

Her fingers softly drummed on her lips as she kept repeating the name alone in her room.

Flora felt guilty for the pain she caused to Malia but she couldn't help feeling being pulled forward 'Stiles'.

She knew that she wasn't going insane, she knew that something was missing. Or rather someone was missing. There was such an empty spot since she woke up the morning before and now she knew why.

"Are you okay?"

Flora jumped, feeling startled by the sudden voice of her father behind her. "You got home late." She playfully smirked, leaning against the kitchen island.

Ian awkwardly chuckled and scratched the back of his neck. "It's been a long time since Melissa and I got time off work." He admitted, a hint of red appearing on his cheeks. "Were you okay by yourself?"

The girl puckered her lips and nodded. She didn't know if she wanted to tell him about 'Stiles' or if it was better to stay silent.

"How was your date night with Malia?"

When Flora heard that question she decided that it was better to stay silent. "Fine." She quickly brushed the question off the table. "Can you remember when we started dating?"

Ian blinked in surprise, not expecting a topic like that. "I'm not sure." He mumbled, struggling to remember the first time he saw the brunette. "I don't even remember you coming out to me."

"That's the point." Flora walked closer, her eyes desperate for at least a little recollection from the man. "I don't think I ever did."

The middle-aged man was confused. "Flora I don't have a problem with your sexuality if you're hinting at that." He replied, disturbed by his daughter's questions.

"I'm not saying that." The blonde sighed and sat down. "Do you remember my Winter Formal?"

"Of course." Ian nodded and started pulling groceries out of a shopping bag. "It's kind of hard to forget when your only child is in the hospital when she's supposed to be dancing in the school's gym." He managed to joke, his smile falling when he saw that Flora had a stern look on her face.

"Who took me to the dance dad?" She raised a question that made Ian stop pulling out the groceries.

The man scrunched his eyebrows, wrinkles appearing on his forehead while he tried to remember who was his daughter's date.