bewilderment

chapter twenty-one

bewilderment

✽✨

Flora was surprised to hear Jackson's irritated voice on the other side of the radio. She was even more surprised to hear that Gerard told them where to find him.

"I need to go to see my dad first." The Vila said to Stiles when the rest of the pack started thinking about what to do next. "I can go by myself."

"No." Stiles instantly shook his head and wrapped his arm around her shoulders protectively. "We'll catch up with you." He simply said and took out the keys to his jeep. "Wanna go with us?"

Isaac seemed surprised that he asked him but the shock was pushed away by a shy smile. "Yeah, it's been a while." He acknowledged and jumped to the back seat, waving at Derek and Scott. "See ya."

Flora bit down her smile as her eyes moved from Isaac to her boyfriend. She gazed at their side profiles, admiring how much they had grown.

Isaac's hair was longer, giving him a carefree portrayal, it was obvious that France was the place for him. The, now older werewolf, seemed more laid back, not so tense and free of the past that gave him so much suffering.

Stiles' hair was longer as well, a subtle facial hair framed his lips as he started to get even lazier to shave properly. But Flora liked it that way, it made him more attractive to her - even though she didn't think that it would be possible. The whole FBI training was doing him good, he was more muscular, and made him even smarter - another thing that Flora couldn't believe.

The guys she grew up with were suddenly so different from the first moment she met them. Her eyes gleamed as they sparked up a conversation, making it seem like they were just two young adults with no worries.

Flora loved them.

"I love you guys."

Her words made them go silent as neither of them have expected it. Stiles kept his wide eyes on the road but he managed to steal an alarmed peek at his girlfriend.

"Save some sentimental mood for dad, I don't want to be the one who has to deal with the emotional stuff." Isaac sarcastically scoffed and let his back hit the seat. His eyes found Flora's, realizing that she was hiding something from them.

But before he could confront her about it, the jeep suddenly came to stop.

"We're here," Stiles announced and caressed Flora's thigh before opening the door. "Melissa is here as well." He thought out loud when he saw the woman's Toyota parked outside.

The Vila grinned and put her hand underneath Stiles' flannel, stroking the dark t-shirt he wore underneath. "It's going to be nice to see them together." She spoke up before walking up the porch, leaving the two boys behind.