revelation

chapter twenty-two

revelation

✽✨

The world suddenly went quiet.

Only the winter breeze could be heard as it rustled through the leaves that were still holding on to the branches of the old trees.

The scarlet liquid spilled out of her stomach, right out of the same place as two times before. It was ironic that Flora Young would give in after a third 'assassination' attempt. She survived two times before but she just didn't have the will or strength to push through the third time.

It was Stiles Stilinski who sprinted towards her wounded body, tightly pulling her closer to him before her body could even hit the ground. "No." His broken voice came out as a whisper when he held his first love in his arms.

A trail of dark liquid made its way past her lips, showing that the blood started to bubble through her throat into her mouth, making her choke a little.

"Don't you dare!" Stiles warned the girl through gritted teeth as he kept her closer to his chest, his hand slowly stroking her tangled hair. "Keep your eyes open for me, okay?"

The girl's eyes were filled with tears and love as she refused to break eye contact with him. "I love you." She croaked out, her breathing heavy.

"No." Stiles shook his head and softly slapped her cheeks to keep her eyes open. "Flora." He desperately whimpered, his arms turning white as he held her cold body tight to his own. "Flo, stay with me!"

The wind started to get stronger, tangling their hair and hurting their faces. The trees started to creak as if they had begun to mourn the young life beneath them.

There was still life in Flora's eyes but she kept quiet, only gazing into Stiles' hazel ones. She tried to ignore the metallic taste of her own blood that had spilled inside her mouth and stained her lips.

There was no pain. She remembered the pain she felt every time she was injured and there was none this time. Which meant that she was slowly slipping away.

Flora even didn't mind the metallic taste anymore, she was used to it already. She only kept her arms folded over the wound on her stomach, preventing Stiles from trying to stop the bleeding.

And when the boy saw a painful frown on her face he realized what was happening all along. "You saw this." He whispered, feeling betrayed. "You dreams..."

The Vila didn't want to argue anymore so she just lifted her hand, dismissing the pain and exhaustion she felt with every move and put it on the side of his face. "I had to." That was all she croaked out.

Finally, a tear spilled out of Stiles' eye, rolling down and falling into Flora's hand. It all started to make sense; her insomnia, the sudden jumpiness in her sleep, and the urge to go back home. Flora knew she would die.