Chapter 6

"A murder?" Su Baicheng looked at the bloody ground. In the disciple's courtyard, the body of a young male was left bleeding.

Su Baicheng caught eyes with Fei Qianchi who had also arrived.

"What happened?" Fei Qianchi asked. His brows furrowed as he looked at the pool of blood on the ground. The man's blue eyes narrowed once he caught sight of the body lying lifelessly on the ground.

"We've just arrived. The body has just been killed recently." Su Baicheng could easily see that the man had been killed recently.

Wei XueLu stepped forward, dismissing the disciples, "First, seek out Lord of Suzhou, Elder Fei, Elder Jiang, and Elder Hong. This peak will be cleared until the Sect Leader finds out what had happened."

The disciples, all wearing expressions of worry, nodded their heads and hurriedly left.

With the three of them left, Su Baicheng stepped closer to look at the body. He flipped over the corpse that was still warm. The young man's face looked normal. There was no sign of any fright or any terror. In fact, his eyes were even closed, appearing both peaceful and quiet. His face was extremely pale, nothing was untidy about him.

As Su Baicheng looked closer, he felt his hand touch something wet. Narrowing his red eyes, he parted the man's hair away from the back of his neck. There, he saw two small holes.

"It's the same person from before." Su Baicheng held back an exhale of air. Whoever this was, they weren't weak. He knew that it was a demonic beast. However, he was unsure about just how many beasts there were.

With his words, Fei Qianchi stepped closer. "The man died peacefully. He didn't struggle."

Wei XueLu nodded his head. His arms were crossed, holding a blue sword in his hand. "It's a snake demonic beast. A powerful one. However, no one knows just what this beast has cultivated to. To be able to get into this peak without anyone knowing, the demonic beast must be able to take on its human form, thus, it should be at a higher cultivation than the Mahayana realm, perhaps even the immortal realms."

Su Baicheng looked over the body again, "However, they usually died from poison. This body died from loss of blood."

Fei Qianchi looked at the red blood on the ground. "It seems like they are trying to throw us off."

Su Baicheng noticed that Zhu Longwang wasn't here with Fei Qianchi, "Where is Immortal Zhu?"

"Oh, I told him to stay and rest." Fei Qianchi shrugged as he replied. "After you tossed his brother around like that, I'm sure he feels a bit conflicted."

Su Baicheng cocked his brow. "I will need them to continue the investigation. XueLu and I will be setting off to the secret realm for the Cleansing of Demonic Beasts in a few days. We will be taking five disciples with us."

Fei Qianchi simply waved his hand, "No need to worry about that. Now that they were able to get into Fushui Sect so easily, I will also have to spend some time putting together more arrays. It is a bit unnerving that the culprit wasn't able to be detected by the arrays so I'll be fixing that up."

Wei XueLu stared at them. As he looked around the room, he suddenly detected something. "Baicheng, the disciple has a mark on his hand." He pointed at the palm that was slightly covered by the disciple's sleeve.

Su Baicheng flipped over the hand and a mark was revealed. On the disciple's skin, the image of a black snake could be seen. It stared back at them, it's eyes opened wide. As it opened its mouth, a ball of light could be seen.

Fei Qianchi, who caught a glimpse of this, opened his eyes wide.

"What is it?" Su Baicheng asked as he noticed Fei Qianchi's reaction.