chapter 6

sorry it's been a while guys, honestly, I just wasn't in the mood to write, I mean I didn't even bake that's when you know its bad but finally, I'm back, though chapters will be updated a little slower as I'm working on some personal projects

[Gilbert house]

They are still cuddled up on the couch, movie paused when Elena storms into the house hours later. They barely look up, sparing her a single glance as she retreats to her room, slamming the door as she goes. Jenna pokes her head round the kitchen door,

"What was that?".

"Elena's home." Jeremy laughs. "I think her, and Stefan are fighting." He says fighting a grin, Anna laughing at his side. Shaking her head Jenna disappears back into the kitchen, returning a few minutes later with drinks so they could finish their movie.

As the credits roll Jenna pats Jeremy on the knee. Telling him to go to bed soon motioning to Anna falling asleep on his shoulder, he shakes her awake, as Jenna leaves.

"Come on, upstairs." He tugs her to her feet, as she blinks owlishly at him, keeping hold of her hand he pulls her up the stairs. She stops dead in the middle of the hallway, right outside Jeremy's door. She's wide awake now.

"Stefan's here.".

"What why?" shaking her head, she pulls him into his room.

As soon as the door closes, she says calmly. "You better not tell her about me.".

"Anna what are you talking about?" she shakes her head. "Your sister knows about vampires, namely the Salvatore brothers, anddddd she's pissed." she sits down on his bed, Jeremy joins her. "He's gone, she kicked him out.". She stretches her arms above her head stifling a yawn. "Remind me to get you some vervain if I knew I'd be coming here I'd have brought you some." She stands walking towards the bathroom only to pause hesitant. "Are we really ok Jeremy?" Not quite willing to believe he would so easily forgive her deceit, after all they barley know each other.

"You're the closest thing I've had too a friend since I lost my parents Anna, I kinda selfishly need you right now." Smiling she walks into the bathroom putting on the pair of pyjamas Jenna lent her.

{The next morning}

Elena's slamming around wakes everyone up early. Jeremy and Anna stay in bed listening as Jenna yells at her for being so inconsiderate. They lay there laughing at her misfortune, debating whether to get up and do anything for the day.

Elena finally leaves still angry as Jenna bustles around for a little while before leaving to meet with her thesis supervisor, shouting up she would be back later.

They finally get up around noon choosing to stay in their pyjamas having a lazy day. They're in the middle of making lunch when Vicki arrives at the door, Jeremy answers it leaving Anna at the stove to make the pancakes.

"You're high? Vicki, it's the middle of the day." Anna hears as they walk into the kitchen.

"Could you just not talk so loud? My head, it hurts. I need quiet. I'm hungry. What do you got to eat?" she starts to rummage around in the fridge.

"Vicki, are you," Anna turns looking at her for the first time. Dropping the spatula, makings Vicki cringe. She rushes around the counter taking Vicki's face into her hands. "You've been with Damon, haven't you?"

"Anna what are you talking about?"

"Guys I didn't come here for the third degree, If I wanted that I would have gone home to Matt."

"SIT." Anna demands. "Jer call Matt now, tell him to come quickly and alone." At his furrowed brow she promises to explain it all once Matt gets here. Cursing Anna manages to get Vicki to the couch, wrapping a blanket around her.