Untitled Part 11

Two updates in one day, well a few hours of one another considering its nearly 2am.

As I've said before I'll never give up on a story, but some chapters will take longer than others

please ignore any mistakes, I think I got them all, but I'm struggling typing on a keyboard. I miss my laptop.

hope you enjoy

[The next morning]

Anna agrees to stay the night only after making sure the others are OK. They settle back into his bed, unwilling to deal with Elena's complaining about her being there, tucked together reading Jonathan Gilberts journals. Pulling away Jeremy gets out of bed to reach for his drawing supplies, Anna reads aloud as Jeremy sketches Jonathan Gilberts depiction of a vampire.

"I mean he wasn't wrong the town was plagued with vamps at the time." Startled Jeremy looks up, "Not as bad as that sounds, we were a community, we lived in harmony with the humans. We never knew they knew of supernatural creatures. If we did, we wouldn't have stopped here, we were supposed to be safe." Jeremy abandons his drawing to wrap an arm around his girlfriend.

"You don't have to talk about it, hell you don't have to read it." She whispers against her temple reaching for the book in her hands.

" I lived it Jer, you know that old saying." She pauses taking a breath, "'Until the lion learns how to write, every story will glorify the hunter. Chinua Achebe.' That day the vampires were the hunted, we didn't even see it coming." Anna shakes her head sadly throwing the journal to the end of the bed in disgust. Pulling herself up she gets ready for school.

[school]

Jeremy and Anna join up with Matt and Caroline talking about tv shows.
"Another movie night then."

"Movie night?" Jeremy says with a raised eyebrow.

"We're just friends Gilbert, and anyway Caroline is more interested in Anna uncle."
"Caroline." Anna yells as both men laugh at the disgusted look on her face.

"Oh hush," Caroline tells them, as she links arms with Anna "And don't forget the job fair tonight boys. Anna you're going I don't care how old you are." She snaps realising what She's about to say.

[later at the jobs fair]

Anna lets Caroline drag her around the fair from stall to stall, completely uninterested until she spots Jeremy across the room. With a roll of her eyes Caroline sends her off, she gets to his side in time to hear Tyler telling him to go to hell.

"What was that about?"

"Did you know that Tyler is an artist." He points to the table Infront of them. Anna flicks through the pages.

"Impressive for an arsehole." She looks up cursing. "I know she's your sister, but I just wish she would leave Matt alone." Anna sighs seeing how tense the man is. She's been like this since Vicki was turned hounding him constantly. Good thing Stefan seemed to have learnt his lesson.

Leaning into her touch Jeremy shouts Matt over to join them.

"Why is it I spend time with Caroline and suddenly I'm dating her, I get we are in high school but seriously. What the hell." He throws his hands in the air frustrated.

"You seem stressed dear." Anna laughs patting his shoulder, "I mean you said it yourself high school."

"Shut it." Matt bumps her shoulder. "Thanks for the save, guys." He claps a hand on Jeremy's shoulder as he turns to leave, seeing Elena on her way over.

Elena is following Jenna nattering about how they need to leave.

"Jer, Anna can you believe it, Logan is here. The man has some gall I'll give him that."