Chapter Six-Mabel and Gideon, K-I-L-L-I-N-G

Dipper was used to his sister's temper by now, as he was typically the victim of it. His snide remarks didn't tend to be a hit with someone who had no sense of humor unless it involved gore, so if he walked into his bedroom and found his favorite perfume turned to ash, it wasn't any mystery who had done it.

This was different.

Mabel had been storming about in a rage, pacing endlessly and not even taking the time to put herself together. Her hair was wild and untamed, she wore sweaters and sneakers about the house (Sneakers! Dipper hadn't seen his sister wear flat shoes since they were twelve.), and bit the head off of anyone who dared to ask about her mental health. She had fired two servants just yesterday for wondering if they should call their uncles, so Dipper decided he should get a move on and get the paperwork for an asylum.

He was minding his own business that morning, drinking coffee with too many toppings to list here along with a chocolate croissant, and was presently buried in a gossip magazine.

"DIPPER!"

He sighed. There goes a pleasant breakfast.

"What?" he asked, taking a sip of coffee.

Mabel burst into the dining room like a force of a nature, bags under her eyes and a rat's nest growing in her voluminous hair. She had two hangers in her hands, one of them holding a sparkly azure dress, the other a jet black jumpsuit with rhinestone appliques. "Dress or jumpsuit?" she gasped.

Dipper raised an eyebrow. "What do you need it for? You haven't been anywhere in the last week."

She flushed like a tomato, and tossed her nose up in the air. "That's not any of your business, just pick one!"

"Well, actually it is my business, because they both give off different impressions. The dress is more feminine and eye-catching, while the jumpsuit is more professional and figure hugging. It really depends one where you're going-"

"Fine, fine! Just...shut up!" Mabel took a seat at the end of the long table, flinging the hangers in front of her. "I might be...well, I have a date tonight."

Dipper dropped his coffee onto the rug. "You're not serious."

Her gaze sharpened. "Of course I'm serious, boys swoon over me all the time." She snapped her fingers and pointed to the stain on the rug. "Henri, clean this up!"

The butler hurried into the room with cleaning spray, and set to work without meeting either of their eyes.

"What happened to dating's for fools, and it's a complete waste of time?" Dipper mimicked.  "Besides, I thought you were strung up lately because of the journal."

"I am! And dating is ridiculous. I'm merely doing this to gather information."

"How exactly  are you going to gather information if you're too busy murdering some poor boy over breadsticks?"

"I won't murder him!" she spat, flushing all red again. "I-uh, I mean...well, I'm going on a date with Gideon."

Dipper froze. He opened his mouth, as if to say something, then closed it again. "I...I don't even..." For one of the first times in his life, he was actually speechless. Then he regained his thoughts. "You're telling me, that after a dozen of love confessions from perfectly eligible, attractive people, you decide to go on a date with Santa's little helper?"

"Don't call him that!" She flipped her mess of brown hair over her shoulder, deciding to completely ignore her slip-up. "If that Barbie has the journal, it's best to be stealthy about it and get the information from those closest to her."