Chapter 3 - A Fresh Start

Starlette finds herself in a void of darkness. She is running aimlessly in the dark, not knowing what to do. She sees her fellow magical girls who are just as lost. When Starlette tries to go near them, the girls are quickly killed off by an unseen force.

"No!" cried Starlette. Each girl that she tries to help ends up dying. "This can't be happening!"

Then, she hears a voice mocking her, "Oh, but it is!" When Starlette looks up, she sees the intimidating mask of Temnaya that towers her greatly.

"It's you!" Starlette shouts. "Temnaya!"

"Hehehe, you are too weak to save anyone," Temnaya mocks her. "Now, it is time for you to die!"

The ground beneath Starlette's feet starts to shake and break apart to reveal a hand of Temnaya, which grips Starlette into submission. Temnaya bring Starlette closely towards her face as her mouth begins to open wide in order to devour the now defenseless magical girl. Temnaya's fanged teeth drools with saliva as she cannot wait to devour Starlette.

"No! Nooo! NOOOOOOOO!!!" Starlette screams out in total fear. Soon, everything begin to fade to white.

-----------------------------------

A dark-skinned woman with long black hair, blue eyes, and a beauty mark below her left eye quickly rises up from her slumber. It was just a dream, though the experience has her breathing heavily. This woman is actually Starlette, but powered down from her Magical Girl form. Starlette is actually the woman's alter ego. The real name she goes by is Anita Starchaser. Anita looks around at her surroundings and realizes that she is in an infirmary within St. Brigid School for Magical Girls.

 Brigid School for Magical Girls

"I'm in the infirmary..." said Anita. "So, it was just a dream, right?"

Anita realizes that she is wearing a hospital gown. Upon further inspection, her wounds or lack thereof seems to be healed. Soon, someone is seen coming into the infirmary to check up on her. It is a woman who has Indian-like features, such as a bindi and tanned skin. She has long black hair like Anita and she wears a green shirt, black sweat shorts with a white sweater wrapped around her waist. She also wears a necklace with an orange jewel that is shaped like a teardrop. Her name is Diya Varma, she is the secret identity of Aurora.

"How are you feeling, Anita?" Diya asks.

"Well...let's just say...that I had a bad dream," said Anita. "About Temnaya killing our friends."

"I hate to say it, but it actually happened," said Diya. "It was no dream..."

Anita gasps in horror, "Then, that means..."

"Captain Plink and the others were killed by Temnaya..." Diya sounded sad. "You and I are the only survivors... Kinda hard to believe, huh...? Now, the school's higher up feel really awful for sending the new graduates to their early demise."