Part 19

*Luke's POV*

I was up at some ungodly hour to make it to this fight. The sun wasn't even out yet and I wished I could crawl back into bed with Rindy for at least a few more hours. But I knew I had to do this and at this point, keeping Rindy and my freedom was my top priority. There would be plenty of time for cuddling after.

The drive to the club was brutal. I wasn't typically nervous when I fought but this wasn't just any fight. Michael was good and the odds were stacked against me. I cursed the past me for ever getting wrapped up in Michael's games. But in the end it brought me to Rindy and I don't regret that at all. I just wish I could have found her under different circumstances.

After an agonizing drive, I finally arrived at the Golden Glove boxing club. I was greeted at the door by one of the trainers I'd worked with when I was still fighting for Michael. He explained to me that he'd been sent to help me get ready and for some moral support. Apparently "I'd need it." He looked at me with a sort of sadness, like he knew it was hopeless and I wasn't going to win this but I was going to prove him wrong.

"You nervous Hemmings?"

"Yeah. A lot actually."

"Well, if you box the way I remember, he'll have quite the competition. Just remember the things I taught you years ago and don't let him get in your head. You know how he likes to play mind games." He said, lacing my shoes.

"Alright. Thanks man" I thanked him as I inserted my mouth guard and shook out my tense muscles as a bell rang .

"Alright man, it's time."

I looked up at the sky, and prayed for a miracle.

*Zorinda's POV*

I woke up and looked over to see a certain blonde missing. I told myself he was just in the bathroom and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. As I sat at the counter I saw a piece of paper inked with Luke's messy scrawl.

Couldn't sleep. Went out for a walk. I'll be home soon. I love you xx

That eased my mind a bit so I headed up to bed. I sent him a quick text to ask if he was alright and when he'd be home and went back to sleep.

*Dream*

"Michael, please. Don't do this ." Luke cried in desperation.

"She deserves to know, Luke." The eerily familiar man said as he made eye contact with me. His cold eyes caused me to shiver.

"What do I deserve to know, Luke?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him.

"It wasn't a coincidence that you two met, Zorinda." The man sneered

"Wh-what?"

"Please." Luke said in tears.

"Luke and I saw you at the train station when you first moved here. I told him that if he could get in your pants, I'd set him free from his contract at my boxing club." I felt my heart drop out of my chest.

"Luke..is this true?" Tears were filling my eyes. The violent sobs escaping his mouth was enough confirmation for me.

I shot up out of bed. Tears stained my cheeks and my heart was racing a thousand miles an hour. This dream hit way too close to home. I knew he had a history with boxing and I couldn't shake the feeling that I somehow knew the man named "Michael." The lights were dim in the dream and I could barely make out his face but something about him did not sit right in my stomach.

*Luke's POV*

*Ding ding*
The bell sounded signaling the start of the first round. I took a deep breath shaking out my arms. For Rindy. I whispered, kissing the knuckles of my gloved hands. I looked up to see Michael smirking at me as we circled the ring waiting for one of us to dare to take the first hit. I took a deep breath and swung, connecting my fist with his side. The fight had begun.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

We were down to the last round and at this point, it was anyone's match. My muscles ached with exertion but my adrenaline was still pumping profusely and I wasn't going to back down anytime soon. My trainer cleaned off my mouth guard and gave me a bit of a pep talk.

"I'm impressed Hemmings. You've proved that you can hold your own against the big dogs. But it's not over yet. Don't get cocky. Getting big headed now will cost you the match. Keep your mind focused on what you're fighting for. I don't need to tell you the right moves to make. You know them. You've got the tools, now you just have to apply them." I nodded as he rubbed my shoulders to relieve some of the tension.

I looked around the ring that was dimly lit by the old lights above. Years of wear and tear made the place look more intimidating than it was. My eyes continued to pan over the club until they fixated on a pair of cold, green ones. I furrowed my eyebrows in a glare and gave him a look as if to say "you've met your match" and the bell sounded.

We circled once again and this time, Michael took the first swing. I dodged it with ease and came back with a powerful blow to his cheek. I smirked as I felt my fist connect. I continued to connect my fists with his body until he fell over. The countdown started but to my dismay, he got back up.

"You're not getting it that easy Hemmings" he spat as he punched me in the side. I heard a crack and groaned as I clutched my side. As I did that, he hit me in the head knocking me to the ground. The countdown started. I thought about just staying there but then I thought about Rindy and how much she meant to me. She saved me from myself and showed me that there was a gentle side of me. I couldn't give up on her. On us. I got up with 3 seconds to spare. I wobbled a bit as I was still a bit dizzy but I soon regained balance and charged at Michael.

It all seemed to happen in slow motion. "For Rindy!" I shouted as I delivered hit after hit to Michael. He snuck in a few swings but I had the upper hand. Finally, he was on the floor again.

10, 9, 8, 7....
I thought of the beautiful girl with the dark, wavy hair in my Biology class. How I tried to avoid her because I knew that if I got involved with her I'd end up hurting her.

6, 5, 4...
I remembered how that same beautiful girl refused to give up on me. She showed me kindness when I knew I didn't deserve it. She became a constant in my life and I knew I was falling for her

3, 2, 1....
The bell sounded and Michael was still down. I'd won the match. I raised my arms in the air and yelled with victory. I did it, I was free. But when I looked at my opponent I saw a smirk on his face. I turned my head in the direction of his gaze.

There in the corner stood the girl I loved with tears streaming down her face.