Part 4

"Get....away....from her....now." Luke sneered again.

"What are you gonna do about it, bitch." The man mocked.

"I will tear your fucking throat out." Luke threatened, the fury visibly building within him.

"Try me." the man grabbed me by my throat, his finger nails dug into my skin. I found myself struggling to breathe and then everything went black

*Lukes POV*

"Try me" the bastard said as tightly clutched Rindy's throat. Within minutes, she was passed out. It was a weird advantage. At least she wouldn't see me become a monster in front of her eyes.

Immediately, I launched myself at him. All sense of rationality gone. I was ready to kill. I kicked him forcefully in the groin, sending him to the ground. I knelt with my knees on either side of his body and delivered punch after punch to his face, side, and everything inbetween. Each blow was more violent than the last. I could hear cracks and pops as my fist connected with his face. His eyes were bruised and swollen shut, his lips swollen and cut, and the rest of his body cut and bruised. He was bleeding everywhere.

"P....please." he begged. I wasn't giving this bastard any mercy.

"That'll teach you to treat a woman like shit" I spat before punching him in the head, knocking him out. I may be a psycho, but I still believed in second chances.I'd finish him if he continued causing trouble.

"Luke?" Zorinda had just woken up.

"Yes." I replied. "Are you alright? Did he hurt you?" I asked.

"Everything hurts." she replied.

I quickly picked her up and started carrying her toward the loft. I insisted she wear a blindfold. I didn't want her to know where I lived.

*Zorinda's POV*

I was in a place I'd never seen. The last thing I could remember was Luke asking if I was okay. I shuddered as the rush of events came back to me. I could hardly move my body I was so sore.

"Luke, where am I?" I asked, once he came back from the kitchen.

"My friend's place." He answered. "Come with me. I wanna look at your injuries"

I nodded and followed him to the bathroom.

"You're beat up pretty bad." He commented after poking and prodding every wound on my body. "Why don't you go shower to clean your cuts and then I'll treat them from there."

"But I don't have extra clothes." I stated.

"You can borrow some of mine" he answered before ushering me to the bathroom.

I was surprised by how nice he was being but I guess you can't ignore someone you just saved from being raped. He'd be right back to hating me once I was better. Why did he hate me anyway? I'd never been anything but nice to him. He'd laid out a tank top and track pants for me. It felt nice to be in clothes that I hadn't been violated in. Once I finished, I walked out, spying Luke talking to a young man with tan skin and dark hair.

"Hey I'm Calum." The young man said with a smile.

"I'm Zorinda but call me Rindy" I answered.

"Better?" Luke asked.

"Much." I replied with a smile.

*Luke's POV*

"Everything seems fine. But you should probably get home now. Your parents are most likely freaking out" I stated after I'd finished helping her.

"Luke, I can't go home looking like this." She gestured to her body. "Plus how am I supposed to explain why I was out all night?" She had a point.

"Do your best to cover up and tell your parents you spent the night at your friends but forgot to call."

"That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard." She scoffed.

"Well you're supposed to be doing that science project with Bree right? Just say you were working on it and forgot to call and then accidentally fell asleep." I suggested.

"Fine." She replied. "Can I borrow your phone to call Bree?" I nodded and handed her my phone. I sat down to watch tv while she talked.

Why did I feel this way? Why did I steal occasional glances at her, breathless by her beauty? Why did I love how she looked in my clothes? Why did I feel the need to protect her when she's not even mine? Why was I falling for her when I knew she

would never fall for me too?