Chapter 18: Well We're All A Little Crazy

We have been looking at my outfits for what seemed like hours. I pull on a crop top and jeans, "Okay Alex... this is what I've got."

He looks me up and down, "Okay, one more touch

He looks me up and down, "Okay, one more touch." He goes over to my backpack and opens it. He pulls out Luke's flannel from the bottom. "Put this on over it. That café gets cold," he smiles and hands it to me.

"Okay," I slip my hands through the sleeves and put on my checkered Vans. I walk around the corner to my little bathroom and start doing my makeup. Alex sits on the side of the tub watching me, fascinated.

After I finish I brush out my hair. "Alright I think I'm ready. What time is it?"

Alex looks at my phone on the counter, "7:30."

"Oh! Then we better get going," I walk down the stairs and my mom had already changed.

"You ready dear? You look beautiful!" she had a huge grin on her face.

"Yeah mom, I'm ready. Let's go get Jules," I turn to Alex. "You want to go get the guys and let Julie know we're on the way?"

"On it!" Alex says right before he disappeared.

My mom walks out the door and gets into her car. I also get in. I look at my phone and I have a text from Julie, saying she can't go to the gig. I text her back,

Come on Jules! We need you!

Tia is right downstairs... I can't make it past her

Who said you're taking the stairs? Hold on I'm pulling up now

I let my mom now what all is happening and she tells me to go get Julie. I carefully walk around the house and climb up the rose ladder thing. I knock on Julie's window. She opens it.

"I told you that you weren't gonna take the stairs," I was grinning at her.

She smiled back at me, "Are you crazy?"

"Well we're all a little crazy," Luke was by her door.

Julie and I smile at him, "We were just at the place. It's packed!" He's so excited.

"I lied to my aunt, so I can't go," Julie was upset.

"I told you, sneak out!" I was a little annoyed now.

"But I've never snuck out before," Julie said.

"Come on Julie!" Reggie said with pleading eyes.

"Okay..." Julie was unsure.

"Alright give her space to get ready!" I say making motions with my hands.

They poof away and Julie goes over to open her mom's chest. She sighs and pulls out a leather vest. She loves it... I see it in her eyes. She puts on a leather top and then the vest over it, "Perfect," I sigh. I climb out the window with Julie close behind.