Chapter 22: I Found This Song, It's About A Girl Named Emily?

After a long weekend of song-writing and blowing up on YouTube, I finally arrive at school. I can't believe I have a boyfriend now. Holy crap. When I walk into school Julie and I get swarmed by people asking us to take selfies. After some girls leave, Nate comes up to us and Julie leaves.

"Can I get a selfie too?"

"Hmm, I have to check with security," I look all behind me, "oh wait! I don't have any."

"Yeah you laugh, but after Friday's performance, you're going to blow up."

"Nah! It was just a garage party."

"Sorry I couldn't stay for the whole thing," it looked like he was coming up with an excuse, "I had homework, so."

"Oh no worries! Thanks for coming."

"Thanks for inviting me."

"Okay, well see you around, " I try to walk past him.

"So, um, listen. Since we make such a great team, you know, with dance and everything... and, uh, you have an A in history, any chance we could be study partners?"

"I would love to, but I have a lot of family stuff going on right now," in other words, Luke would throw a fit if I spent too much time with you.

"Ah, no worries. I'll ask you this then, is there anytime you can make in your busy schedule to go on a date with me?"

"I'm flattered, I really am, but I have a boyfriend. As of Friday actually."

"Oh wow. I guess I really did miss my chance then. Was it the guy you were singing with on Friday night?"

I looked down, not being able to meet his eyes, "Luke, yeah. He's treated me good so far, so don't worry about that!"

He smiled, "I wasn't, you know how to pick 'em... well, I'll see you around. Friends?" He held out his hand for me to shake.

I take it, "Yes, of course! Bye Nate."

Julie and Flynn came up to me, "Well that was more than just a what's up!"

"Nate wanted to go on a date with me."

Flynn gasped, "He's a couple weeks too late."

Julie laughed, "I agree."

"I know that I'm with Luke and all, but I wish there was a way that I could help him," considering I don't know if I'll be able to remove the stamp. "He's hurting so much."

"Maybe you could write him a song!" Flynn suggests.

My mind went instantly to Unsaid Emily, "Or... I could give his parents the song he never got the chance to sing for them."

"That sounds like a good plan!" Julie said. "Come by my place after school and get it."

I groan, "Oh right, we have school."

"Come on ladies! Let's get to music!"

The day feels never-ending. We sit and do nothing in dance, since we just had a performance. The final bell rings and I rush to my locker. Julie comes up to me all excited, "What happened to you today?"

"You aren't the only one who got asked out today!"

"Did Nick-"

"Yes!"

"Oh wow Jules! Did you already tell Flynn?"

"Yep!"

I close my locker and put my arm around her shoulder, "Let's go!"

We walk the short distance to Julie's house and we talk for a little about boys in general, I told her the chorus of some of the songs Luke and I wrote yesterday. I walk into the garage and don't see anyone, so I go over to Luke's guitar case and his journal is sitting on top. I look through the pages and I finally find Unsaid Emily. I rip it out, fold it up, and put it in my pocket.