12 | unwind

"Okay, you have a point." Jennie replied to Mark as her maid finished applying the face mask on her face with the cucumbers on her eyes.

The two best friends decided to have a spa night in Jennie's spa room at home. They got massages and now, face masks. Despite all the efforts, Jennie was still a tad annoyed.

"I was a bit harsh."

"A bit..." Mark scoffed. "You went full on Karen on the poor girl right after she apologized. You even dragged poor Moonbyul into it. By the way, that comment directed at her... so below the belt, Jennie."

Jennie sighed. She did overreact. She was sure the maids can probably get the stain off but it was like the cherry on top for her pissed off sundae. It just caused her to burst.

"Please don't tell me you still have something against Moonbyul." Mark asked. "It's been so long since—"

"Drop it, Mark." Jennie said. "I'll apologize to Byul later. Maybe send her tickets to some car race or whatever she's into. I can even lend her my private plane."

"Jennie... don't you think that you and well, everyone around you would benefit from you taking a week off?" Mark suggested.

Jennie scrunched her nose which caused one of her eye cucumbers to move a little. "I have five meetings on Thursday, and I have to go back to check on the lights for prom."

"Let me handle it, just take a week off." Mark insisted. "One week cannot hurt. Besides, nothing happens in school amyway."

"You are right." Jennie sighed. " Maybe I'll just go check in mid-week."

"No, let the student council handle shit. You rest." Mark insisted.

Jennie nodded. "Okay. One week off."

_______

Moonbyul originally offered to take Lisa out to a fancy ramen place but Lisa insisted she treat Moonbyul to McDonald's to which Byul agreed to just to please Lisa.

"Yes, two large fries? What a high roller you are." Byul joked as Lisa put down the tray in front of them.

"Well, we really need some comfort food after Satan's mistress herself shouted at us." Lisa joked. "After that, I just knew I wanted to stuff my face with something greasy."

The two laughed and bit into their burgers. "Mmmm," Byul moaned. "I haven't had McDonald's in so long. I forgot how good this is."

"Right?" Lisa said, face full of burger. "Anyway, how is Jennie so popular when she's such a big bitch?"

Moonbyul grabbed a few more fries, thinking. "Well," Byul said after swallowing. "Jennie is only like that towards you. She usually acts fake nice in front of everyone... even me."

Lisa hummed. "Wait... what is her problem with you? I thought y'all were friends before."

Moonbyul took a long sip of her drink, pausing for a long time. "Hmm...." She started. "She thinks I'm so lesbian fuckboy."

Lisa nearly choked on her fries.

"Yeah," Byul chuckled. "She hates me for that but I really am not. I haven't even dated in so long. I'm busy with track and school. On my free time, I prefer to hit the tracks with my car or... train more. I can't date someone else. I have no time."

Lisa nodded understandingly. She wondered how Jennie would even come to that conclusion since Byul only seemed to spend time with the team.

"Anyway, who else is running for president? Aside from Jennie?" Lisa said, changing the topic.

"Just her," Byul said. "The junior and senior batches are all betting on her and no one else would compete with her. They'd have no chance"

"That sucks." Lisa huffed.

"Being president is just a waste of time. The last president Krystal had her assistant do everything." Moonbyul laughed. "I doubt Jennie would let her assistant do shit. She has a control issue."

Lisa laughed along. "Hmm... what if I run?"

"Run?"

"For president."

"Lisa, you're a cool girl but... you aren't gonna win." Byul furrowed her brows. "It's impossible."

Lisa huffed. She sighed. Byul was right but something about Jennie saying all that stuff about the sport scholarship and being poor got to her. She didn't agree with it.

"I guess I'll have to just do the actual running I'm good at." Lisa joked.

Moonbyul chuckled. The two continued to chatter about the track team and school but the presidency thing stayed at the back of Lisa's mind.