10 | campaign

Lisa woke up extra early today to train in school. She has been practicing in the early morning so she could go run without shoes on and not be bothered by the warm, afternoon concrete.

She had to train without shoes on for the most part since the only pair of sneakers she had left were her tight old shoes from years ago. She only wore them around the team just so that they wouldn't feel bad for her for always being barefoot. She felt like the ultimate poor person for it.

But she felt better just doing without it since the shoes always pinched at her ankles.

After training, she got showered in the locker rooms and dressed in her uniform. She was the only person in school at that time.

Well, except for Jennie Kim.

On the other hand, Jennie was busy posting flyers and posters encouraging others to run for council. In honesty, she didn't want anyone else to run for president since she pretty much claimed the position as her own. Yet, she volunteered to do this just so she can say she wants a "fair race."

Jennie knew how important her image was. She always wanted to look hard-working and driven. She didn't want to be known as just the "rich girl." Yet, still before being smart and responsible, everyone knew her as just rich.

Being president was her way of showing off her capabilities.

That's why at 6 am, instead of getting sound sleep, she was posting posters all over campus. She could have easily hired someone else to do it or even ordered around someone younger to do it. But... she just felt like using her money to pay someone to do menial tasks would just be pushing against her goal.

"Fuck," Jennie muttered as a flyer fell in front of her. She had so much shit on her hands that she didn't know how to pick it up. She sighed and decided to attempt to kick it away. Instead, she slipped on it, causing her to jolt backwards. Her posters flying out of their box.

Luckily, Lisa was just nearby and saw the event unfold with enough time to run over and stop the girl from falling. Ultimately, Lisa's plan didn't worm and they were both knocked down.

Still, Jennie could have suffered a worst injury if it weren't for Lisa.

"Oh my god, thank you so much I—" Jennie stopped speaking when she turned around and saw Lisa. "Oh, thanks or whatever."

Lisa scoffed, taken aback by the rude response from Jennie. "I literally break your fall and you give me a snarky reply."

"I still fell over?" Jennie said as she picked up her stuff. "Besides, I didn't ask you to catch me. You did that yourself."

Lisa rolled her eyes and looked at the posters sprawled around the floor. "I'm guessing you don't need help with that too."

"I don't need your help, period." Jennie said angrily.

"I don't know why you're so pissed off with me. I literally talked back at you once and you're acting like a fucking bitch when you could have let it go." Lisa said angrily. "Is that how you are? You're just fake nice to rich kids and you're a bitch to people like me?"

"Yeah! And so what?" Jennie stopped for a moment to give Lisa a glare.

"Why do you hate people who aren't rich? Do you think you're better than me just because you have daddy's money?" Lisa said angrily.

Jennie groaned as she picked up the last of the fliers on the ground, crumpling some of it in the process. She finally stood up and faced Lisa, closely. "I am not better than you because you're poor and I'm rich. I'm better than you, period. Money has nothing to do with it."

"Don't act like you know me, Kim. You talked to me once and decided I wasn't worthy." Lisa didn't back down and moved closer to the smaller girl. Jennie backed up a little until she was cornered to a wall by Lisa. Lisa put her hand up against the wall, making sure Jennie would get her message. "You're just like all the other stuck-up, rich girls. You have so much cash yet can't afford basic decency or morals. If you had said thank you properly, I would have let bygones be bygones. We could have let this tiny feud go."

Jennie kept glaring at Lisa's eyes, determined not to come across as intimidated. "Say thank you properly," Lisa started, calmly yet with fierce eyes. "And we can be friends."

"You wish." Jennie retorted. "I don't wanna be friends with you anyway."

Lisa inched closer quickly and threateningly which caused Jennie to flinch. "Oh, so you are scared of me?" Lisa looked at her amused. "I knew it; you're just a fragile little socialite."

"Back off," Jennie seethed, looking up at Lisa. "Stop acting like you know me."

"But I already do." Lisa replied. "And your breath stinks."

Lisa smiled cockily before backing away and leaving the flustered senior behind. Jennie rolled her eyes and huffed away. She was glad no one was there to see her get cornered by some obnoxious tall freak.

In the back of her mind, she knew all of this was blown out of proportion. She could have easily let go of what Lisa said or she could have thanked Lisa properly a while ago but something about Lisa just made her blood boil and her skin crawl. Lisa was the first person who stepped out of line and antagonized her.

And just for that, she couldn't let it go easily.

"Hey!" Jennie looked up to see Mark, just arriving in school.

"You're late. You told me you would help me with these." Jennie rolled her eyes.

"Jennie Kim, I love you but I'm not waking up at the ass crack of dawn to put posters no one cares about around school." Mark joked. "Just be glad I woke up early too."

Jennie rolled her eyes. "Fine, thank you, Mark." She smiled. "Oh, by the way, can you tell me if my breath stinks?"

______

a/n: updating a little TOO regularly just to make up for the year i was gone from updating.

PLEASE comment and vote! they really motivate me so much to write. i get discouraged sometimes when i don't get feedback from my readers so please know i do appreciate them