side story 01 | too hot

"Unnie, what ramen place are we going to?" Rosé asked her shorter senior who was still in a baseball cap, training shorts and a hoodie. Her hair was tied back into a tight ponytail.

"I forget what it's called but it's near your place." Jisoo explained. "They serve the best authentic Ramen."

Rosé was confident she has tried most of the ramen places near her. She was thinking about which one Jisoo was talking about. "Oh, I know the place! Ramyummy!"

Jisoo laughed. "What?"

"Ramyummy! The one above that drugstore." She said proudly. "The owner loves me so much because I always finish his ramen that he gives me an extra egg... for free!"

Jisoo laughed. "No, we're not getting Ramyummy?" She said as she opened the car door for Rosé. Compared to Moonbyul's car, Jisoo had a bigger car. It was a BMW Gwagon. Jisoo never understood why Byul preferred to bring smaller cars to school, knowing fully well some of the girls loved to carpool for lunch out.

Rosé pouted. "Jisoo unnie, then, what you are talking about isn't the best ramen in my area." She said confidently. "Because, the best ramen is from Ramyummy."

Jisoo laughed. "Okay, let's have a bet. If you like this restaurant I'm taking you to better than Ramyummy, you have to treat me to ramen at Ramyummy."

"And if Ramyummy is better?"

"If I taste it and it is good the ... I'll treat you to both places." Jisoo said.

"Then you buy me that new YSL lipstick." Rosé interjected confidently.

Jisoo laughed. Rosé was so amusing. Their first interaction during training was Rosé falling over the benches into Jisoo's bag. She was so clumsy.

"Okay! I can promise that." Jisoo said as she kept her eyes on the road. She threw a little side glance at Rosé who seemed to already be excitedly picking out what lipstick shade to buy.

The two eventually reach the restaurant. Rosé looks out and realizes its the only ramen place near her house that she hasn't eaten at before... because it was the priciest. A bowl was like, 60 thousand won each. She would never ever even dream of eating here. She could just buy a new wallet instead of spending it on one bowl of ramen.

Rosé was also partially worried about her outfit but the thought that Jisoo was just in training shorts made her feel better. Not until... she looked over to Jisoo who took off her cap and hair tie. She was taken aback. Jisoo didn't need to dress up for anything. She looked like an idol or an actress even in sweaty training clothes. Rosé wondered why Jisoo was always wearing a face mask or a cap when she was THIS pretty up close. She could have easily been the prettiest girl in school if she wasn't always covering her face.

"Unnie, this place seems fancy. My clothes might not suit the place." Rosé said.

Jisoo laughed. "Don't worry. The team always eats here in training clothes. It's not that formal anyway."

Jisoo wasn't lying. Everyone inside seemed younger and was dressed up in casual clothes. Yet, Rosie still felt out of place.

"Okay, wait for me there. I'll open the door for you." Jisoo said before quickly getting out of the car after pulling over. She opened Rosé's door and guided Rosé out with her hand.

Unnie is more of a gentleman than all the boys I liked before, Rosé thought.

Jisoo left the keys with the valet driver. She noticed Rosé was hesitant about entering so she smiled and put her hand on Rosé's back slightly nudging the younger girl in with her.