We are friends

EPISODE EIGHTEEN

Theme: We are friends

(FLASHBACK TO TEN YEARS AGO)

WINSLOW, ARIZONA.

(NIGHT TIME: BY BEACH )

Ace decided not to pester her about it. "If you don't want to share your problems then why don't we play for sometime before you leave? Don't worry I will take you back home if it is too late."

"No! You can't take me home!" She objected in a raised tone until she realized that she just over reacted.

Even Ace Clark was taken aback by her sudden outburst.

"Oh sorry..I didn't mean to say it that way. I just..don't like the idea of you taking me home." She apologized.

"I understand." He answered.

She turned away and looked back at the sea. She hasn't been doing anything with a boy but her mom thinks she has been sleeping around. Her mom would definitely nag her if she sees her talking to a boy not to talk of letting a guy walk her home.

They both lapsed into silence lost in their respective thoughts.

One look at Bethany, Ace Clark could tell that all she wanted was affection, someone who would listen to her whenever she was sad, someone to lean on, someone that would appreciate her for who she is, someone who would put a smile on her face and make her happy. Someone who would give her what neither of her parents could give her.

On an impulse Ace held Bethany's hand while she looked at him with a surprise look on her face. "I am your sea for tonight." He raised their locked hands up.

She flashed him a small smile as they both walked down to where the water met the sand. Ace thought of what to say to her just to beat the awkward silence between them.

"So you work at Golden hotels?" She was the first to speak up.

"Yes, I work there as a hotel boy. What about you?" Ace asked.

"Me?"

"Yes, are you working too?" Ace asked again.

She shook her head slowly. "No, I am not working. Are you in college?" She questioned.

"Yes..I am trying to get through with business school." Ace answered.

"Woah! That's nice. So you want to own your own business?" She asked.

"Well..I am not sure about that yet." Ace responded not wanting to tell her about his identity of being a rich man's kid.

"So what about you? Tell me about your major in college." Ace urged her.

"I quit college." She mumbled without any hint of regrets in her tone.

Ace looked at her. "Why did you quit college?" He asked.

"It sounds weird right?" Her eyes bored into Ace's eyes.

Ace Clark raised his eyebrows. "Weird? I don't think it's weird because you must have a reason for quitting college. What is it? Money?" Ace asked.

She looked away from Ace. "I just don't feel -" She paused her lips to think of the right words to say to him.

"It is alright if you don't want to talk about it." Ace mumbled.