Chapter 6. An endless night

My eyes suddenly opened to a sound of someone talking in their sleep. It was Baekhyun. What happened,  is he alright?

"Don't.... don't! " he said and suddenly his whole body trembled intensely,  making him wake up instantly.

"Baekhyun,  are you okay? Did something happen? " I asked, being worried

"Ye.... Just.... Just a nightmare, I am fine. Thank you for asking "

In his eyes I could see his shocked reaction. He seemed horrified. What was that dream and it made him feel so scared.

He touched his heart as his chest was bouncing up an down. He was trying to catch up his breath and he kept swallowing deeply. He took some water from the bed table near him.

"Sorry, my throat just feels so weird. My mouth dries quickly " he said after drinking some water from his glass.

-Baekhyun's POV-

"Are you sure you are okay? " she said to me.

"Yes..... don't worry"

She went out of the covers and sat on the edge of the bed, looking at me. Her eyes full of concern,  trying to understand what was wrong. How could I tell her my painful past? This experience,  it will never go out of my head, I remember it like it was now.

That night when my parents disappeared forever from our lives.... that horrible night which has traumatised me as a child and adult.... How could I tell her I have terrible nightmares about it.... How can I tell her such a story....

She will hate me, she will feel scared and maybe she won't trust me as much as she does now. I am trying to be closer to her but I can't open up my heart to her yet.... She needs some time. Maybe I will tell her in the future. But surely not right now

-Your POV-

He stayed still, staring into the void. His eyes were fully open and his mouth half open in his desperation to breathe air. He seemed so deep in his thoughts.

"Tell me, what's wrong?" I said trying to comfort him.

"I said everything is alright.... it's nothing" he said raising his voice a bit, looking at the opposite direction.

I kneeled down and went to him. He was sitting on the floor,  covering his eyes with his hand in indignation. I felt I couldn't do much for him so I just hugged him.

He suddenly opened his eyes widely. He seemed like he didn't expect something like that, and neither did I from myself. My body just went straight to hug him without letting me think of it much. When his eyes opened widely, a tear escaped, runnig on his cheek.

He needs to talk to me. I can't let him be like that. He can't pretend he is fine when he is not. All people have problems but he seems to be in a difficult situation.

"Please talk to me. There is something torturing you and I am sure of that." I said looking at him.

He was completely frozen. His face was only a few centimeters away from mine and I could feel his breath. Suddenly he looked downwards.

"I can't tell you.... At least not yet.... Please be patient" he said quietly.

As I was in his arms, I saw the scratches I had seen before.

"Why is your arm scratched? "

"Oh this....... They are just..... scratches " he said looking even lower every time.

"What's wrong? "

"I did them.... With the tip of a knife. " he said raising his head letting me see his wet eyes.