Chapter 9. The mission

I woke up and saw Baekhyun getting dressed in a rush. I looked at the clock on the wall and it was 5am. Why is he rushing? And that early in the morning.

"Where are you going? " I said in a sleepy voice.

He turned around, not expecting me to have woken up.

"You should sleep, princess. I have to go now. It is an emergency. We have to wake up early most of times. So sleep and if you wake up and I am not here, wait for me and I will be back." He said sitting on the edge of the bed, putting his shoes on.

"But you will be back...?" I said being scared

"Yes I will be back " he said. He then raised his head and looked at me directly in my eyes.

"Trust me, sweetie " he said and then paused to take a good look at me. It felt like he was staring into my soul. I felt relaxed but also got even more worried because he seemed really serious. What if he gets killed out there?!

"Take care, miss inattentive " he said opening the door.

"You too, please..."

He closed the door and went out. Belle was walking outside that moment and I heard them talking.

-Sir. Are you going?
-Yes Belle. It is an emergency and I knew from yesterday that I would have to be at 5:30 at the meeting hall in the mansion. Please take good care of Nicolette and if she panics,  calm her down and tell her I will be back.
-Yes Sir
-Cook her lunch and bring her breakfast at around 12 if she hasn't pulled the rope.
-...Please be back, Sir
-What's wrong with you two today? Of course I will be back.
*small pause*
-I am going. Bye Belle. Don't forget all the things I told you.
-Good luck, Sir

I then heard his footsteps running on the corridor. First time, I could hear him being noisy but even now his footsteps weren't even that loud. Only his voice can be really loud. Otherwise he walls like a cat.

I hope he is safe. I am so worried about him.

-Baekhyun's POV-

I pressed the button and went out of the elevator at the first level. I went out and ran to the front door of the mansion. I should be there at 5:30 and meet Sehun, Taemin and Suho and then we will go out and meet the rest of the members at the casino. This is were we will try to deal with some issues we have with our enemies.

I ran upstairs and I arrived at the meeting room. Sehun was already there and we sat waiting for Taemin and Suho.

"Morning Baekhyun. "

"Morning Sehun." I answered

After that, silence covered the room. We sat there,  waiting,  not talking at all. There was a concern and worry in the atmosphere. In out minds, this mission was bound to be a difficult one.

Everyone came. We are all wearing our formal clothes today. Good thing we have more though.... because they are about to be destroyed.

We went straight downstairs. We went to the cars waiting for us outside the mansion in the parking area. The first car took me and Taemin and the second one took Sehun with Suho. It's a rule that leaders are being separated and stay with other members to protect them and to check every action taken.

After one hour of silence and driving to go out of the woods,  we arrived at the main road. In twenty minutes,  we arrived at the casino.

"Suho, you take our men and go to the left side. Sehun, you will take our men go to the right side and Taemin with me will cover the middle part."