Chapter 17 - Pranks & Death

Jessica's POV:
"You ready to go Claire?" I asked.

"Yep!" Claire said from the other room.

She came out and we walked to the theatre together. We had put in rehearsals today since Jon was going to be on vacation for a few weeks.

Once we got there, I hung out with Elle for a bit while they were running some of the scenes. Claire was off with Katie doing something. Eventually the two came over to us with an evil grin on their faces. Ryan and Evan came closely behind with the same look on their faces.

"What did you guys do?" I asked.

"Nothing." Evan replied quickly.

"Eh, whatever." I told them, heading to my dressing room. 

I opened the door and I felt something cold and wet spill on me. I looked down to see a bunch of ice and water on the floor. I looked up and saw a bucket with a rope attached.

"WHAT DID YOU GUYS DO!?" I yelled, finding my way back to the group.

"Uh oh," Claire said.

"Run" Katie whispered and they all took off.

I sighed and turned to Barrett who was walking in. "I don't suppose you have a change of clothes at all?" I asked.

"Umm, I think I might and what happened?" She replied.

"So, Ryan, Evan, Katie, and Claire put a bucket off ice water above the doorway to our dressing room and it got me soaked."

Barrett laughed. "I guess that makes sense that I saw them running in the opposite direction."

I sighed and got dried off before the show today. I got into my costume and wig then got ready to go onstage.

Claire's POV:
I was hanging out with Elle during mom- I mean Jessica's death scene when I heard a scream come from the stage.

I ran down closely following Elle and I saw a crowd of people surrounding someone.

"What happened?" I asked Barrett.

"I'm so sorry but someone tampered with the drink we use for the drain cleaner and put actual drain cleaner in the drink and your mother drank it like usual and well, you can see what happened." She replied sadly.

I started crying and Barrett held me close, trying to comfort me.

"It'll be ok. You just got to believe she'll be ok and if you do believe, then she will be ok."

I heard an announcement coming on saying the show would have to stop early and that refunds were available but I wasn't really paying attention to it.

Eventually most of the cast had started to get changed and I crawled over to Jess.

"I love you mama." I said in between tears.

Eventually the paramedics took her away and told us, "There's not much we can do but just hope for a miracle. She's been dead for 3 minutes now."

I burst out crying again and snuggled into Elle just hoping this was all a dream and that Jess was alright. 

But sadly, this was real life. Not a dream.

A/N: You're welcome! Hehe