Chapter 20 - Catching Up

2 months later

Elle's POV:
Claire has gotten better slowly. She's finally accepted the fact that Jess is gone for good. Alice made her a nice quilt with some of Jessica's old shirts and she still carries around that koala Jess gave her everywhere.

As for Katie, we've slowly accepted the truth. Some of us are still really mad at her while others are mourning her death. I'm a little bit of both. I'm mad because she killed one of my best friends but I'm also sad because Katie was a good friend to me and everyone else. I will never understand why she had to poison Jess though.

Claire had started to learn the Clarinet as a way to cope. She was improving a lot. She couldn't play much yet but she could play a few simple songs on the instrument.

I still haven't told Claire that Katie murdered her mother. I'll tell her eventually once she's older. Especially now that she's stopped grieving all the time. If I told her, it would all start back up again.

Speaking of Claire, I should probably start making dinner for the two of us.

I went over to the kitchen and started to cook some spaghetti.

Once it was done, I called Claire down to eat. "DINNERS READY CLAI!" I yelled. I heard footsteps running down the hall and Claire sat down at the table, eating mostly in silence.

Once we were done eating, we watched Tangled because apparently Claire has never watched it before.

I popped some popcorn and brought it over saying, "What's a movie night without popcorn?"

Claire laughed and said, " So true."

Midway through the movie, I got a phone call from the hospital. "I'll be right back. I have to take this call real quick. You can continue watching without me."

Claire nodded and in went into the other room and answered the call.

"Hello." I said. "Did something happen?"

"Actually yes." The person on the other end replied. "I have some important news for you..."

A/ N: You get a cliff hanger :D