6. MY DEAREST

ԃ | 𝐢 | L | L | ҽ | ɱ | M | α 

"Whoa is that puppy?"

"It literally got three heads."

You pat the monster Osial brought. It's a baby monster, maybe Osial kills the mother while fighting in Liyue. The monster looks exactly like a puppy, except it got three heads. Osial handed the baby monster to you.

"It's a gift for you."

"You give a monster as a gift?"

"Don't worry, It will be useful if you raise them right."

You look at the monsters puppy who yawn. You let out a squeak at its cuteness. Osial smiles, thankful that you like his gift.

"Oh my god, it's so cute, what should I name him?"

You start thinking about his name, the monster looks exactly like mythical creatures in your previous world, Cerberus.

"So, What's his name?"

"I'm gonna call him Cerberus,"

You kiss Cerberus's temple one by one. "And he's going to protect Rome." Osial nodded.

"Osial, what did monsters eat?"

"I honestly don't know."

You punch his arm as he let out a playful laugh.

.
.
.

Guizhong died just like the original story, in Rex Lapis's arm on a field of glaze lily. You saddened when Osial told you the news even though you know she will die. It's a shame you can't save her.

And that means Osial will be sealed in near time by Rex Lapis. You have told Osial about this, he just pats your head and reassures you he won't be sealed. You become much protective of him, you follow Osial everywhere.

"Stay right there, do not follow me."

"I don't think I will."

"(Y/N) I will be fine, I will call you if I need your help."

"Where are you going? It's not safe out there! Morax will seal you!"

"Do you trust me?"

You fell into silence before nodding, "I trust you very much."

"This is our last battle, I promise. I will go home after I defeat him, then we can eat pizza while watching drama. Can't risk him going into this nation and destroy thing when he knows about my tie with this nation. How about that?" Osial gives you a reassuring smile.

"Do not cry dear, I will go now and finish all of this."

He waved at you, you waved back. You can't pray for his safety, you are a god after all.

A day has passed and Osial still hasn't back. You see your left ring finger, where a ring is attached there. An artefact you use to communicate with Osial.

You sigh, it must be a tough battle. You wish you are there assisting Osial. You look back at your unfinished paperwork.

That's when the diamond on your ring stop shining, you look at the ring in panic. Did Osial lost?! When one diamond in a pair of the artefact becomes dim, it means the other is broken or the owner dies.

Your hurriedly teleported to his place, you remember the battlefield are located near guyun stone forest.

'Please don't lose, where the fuck is he?!'

You keep stealthily running searching for Osial. Avoiding another dying god and Adeptus. Thank Celestia your vision work in this kind of situation.

That's when you saw him, body being restrained by geo chain. Looks like he was half from being sealed by Morax.

"Osial!" You screamed at him.

"(Y/N) go back home! Morax will be back soon!"

"You lost..." You whispered, eyes teary and feeling helpless. There's no way you could match Rex Lapis or unsealed Osial in a short time.

"It wasn't meant to be like this, I swear."

"You lost Osial! Please...." Tears flowing down your cheek, "Don't leave me, please." You continue, choking on your tears. Osial looks at you with a sorrowful expression.

"Hey, just look at me. Breathe,"

You look at him. He pressed his forehead against yours.

"Hug me (Y/N)."

You hug him, tears still flowing down.

"You know from the start this fight was either Rex or me right? He fights me because I'm the villain. I kill the liyue people no, I kill all people."

You hug him tighter. Osial feels the urge to hug you back, but he can't. Both of his hands are tied by the chain. You hear footsteps, it must be Morax.

"Who is that?"

Osial gritted his teeth, he makes a barrier between both of you and Rex Lapis with his last strength. Prevent him from seeing you or break-in.

"It's me who lost. I'm sorry,"

"I can't do this without you Osial." Your look at him pleading.

"You can and you will, Cerberus will help you okay? Now go, I can't hold the barrier any longer. I will find a way back home to you. No matter hundred or thousand years. And we will eat pizza while watching the drama as I promised."

You look at Osial and take a deep breath before wiping your tears.

"Until we meet again?"

"Until we meet again."

You kiss his temple. You've decided you should leave, Osial won't die and you will meet him again.

"See you again, my dear."

He nodded. You glance at him for the last time before teleporting. Osial just let out a sorrowful smile.

'Farewell, my love.'

You look at Cerberus who greets you in front of your palace. His tails waging happy and let out a friendly woof.

"Cerberus? Why don't you go back inside?" Your voice is hoarse from crying.  Cerberus look at you with a questioning look, sensing something is wrong. But he couldn't find out. So he just looks at you with innocent eyes.

You suddenly feel your legs weakened, falling to the ground harshly before crying. It hurts so much, everything, all of your pain as immortal. You covered your face as you cry profusely.

Cerberus jump into you with a worried expression. He let out a grunt before nuzzling his head to your covered face. After a while, you finally dry your tears. You look at Cerberus with puffy eyes before lifting him and hug him, not too tight to his discomfort.

"Cerberus... I hope you will live long protecting Rome when I go."